Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Mesh WiFi 6 Router (MR60)

Drew1964
Follower

Mesh WiFi 6 Router (MR60)

Hello, I just installed the Nighthawk mesh system. Two issues.  The system is working in the sense I have the range throughout the house, however when I open the app it says "the router is not set up". Also Im unable access many websites. Are these issues related? 

Message 1 of 2

Re: Mesh WiFi 6 Router (MR60)

@Drew1964 wrote:

The system is working in the sense I have the range throughout the house, however when I open the app it says "the router is not set up". Also Im unable access many websites. Are these issues related? 

Unlikely. But tell us more.

How did you set it up? App or web browser and the graphical user interface (GUI)?

Which app? iOS/Android?

Do you have the latest firmware? Don't rely on either the app or the GUI for that information. Best checked by following the manual update instructions:

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

On inaccessible websites, what message do you get when you try?

Do you have Armor or Parental controls enabled?

If there is one it might also help if you told people the make and model number of the modem/gateway/ONT that connects this router to the Internet. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

I ask because a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7