× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Netgear tech support for MR-60

tfox20445
Tutor

Netgear tech support for MR-60

Having an issue with my MR-60 mesh router and can't get any Netgear tech support. Only 90 days of support - you've got to be kidding me. Thinking of returning this router to Costco.

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Its pretty standard in the consumer networking gear to have customer support only free for 90 days. the warranty is longer. 

Problem with support is you end up being an end-user's IT department when it usually isn't a router issue but whatever you're connecting it with. So its paid after they help you get it first setup. 

Or you can use this free forum (most networking places have these too) to help with it. 

But details are key like what the issue is in detail, what modem its connected to, firmware on the devices, etc. 

The more you tell us, the better we can help. 

Message 2 of 6
tfox20445
Tutor

Here is my issue: My MR60 mesh router is causing an issue with my Epson AIO: The printer cannot "see" my desktop computer, so I can't use the control panel on the printer to do my scans. It seems to be "caused" by the MR 60 router. When I switched back to my Netgear AC1750 router, the issue disappeared. Any ideas on how to "fix" my MR 60 system? I need the mesh system in my new house.

Note that I didn't do anything special on my old router and the Epson could see my desktop computer.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

When you switched networks, did you go into your windows installation and set the new network as private? 

Whenever you switch networks, it defaults to public network settings for protection. 

Message 4 of 6
tfox20445
Tutor

My network is private.

Message 5 of 6

Did you take your unnamed Epson printer/scanner through the same setup process that you did when you installed it on whatever model the AC1750 router was? (Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.)

You don't say how you connect the Epson to the network. (As @plemans says, the devil is in the detail.) Wifi? LAN? USB?

The usual way to fix wifi printers is to find the printer maker's utility, the software that runs on your operating system. Then use that to connect the printer to the wifi.

The router just broadcasts wifi. It is then down to the printer to play ball. There isn't much that you can do on a router, beyond fixing it to a particular IP address, that affects what the printer gets up to.

Where possible, using the WPS feature can simplify things.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series