Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Nighthawk Mesh GUI hang/crash

Gman62521
Aspirant

Nighthawk Mesh GUI hang/crash

Installed a new 3 node system purchased at CostCo yesterday.  I've already had to reboot it a number of times as the GUI becomes unavailable through any method (LAN address, WAN address w/remote management enabled, app).  I've tried multiple browers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari) on multiple platforms (Windows, iOS, OSX) on both sides of the device.  Upgraded to firmawre 1.0.6.102_2.0.45 today without improvement.

The reboot looks to clear out the log file so I'm not able to tell if there are any error messages that appear before the hang.

The data plane seems unaffected as both satellite units remain connected and traffic contiunes to flow across the mesh and to/from the Internet.  A reboot fixes the problem for a while but happens again with a few hours.

I didn't find any newer firmware versions or any clues on the forums.  Is anyone else seeing GUI issues or have a solution to address the issue?

Message 1 of 3
Gman62521
Aspirant

No response from support yet on any GUI problems.  One of the remote units also tends to red light/hang a couple times a day.  This will likely go back to CostCo since it seems to have been released before being properly baked.

Message 2 of 3
ChiliK
Aspirant

I bought the same system from Costco. I have setup the network and it has been fine except for the IOS Nighthawk app. I keep having login problems with the IPhone app. I receive a "too many attempted logins" message. The web login (routerlogin.com) works but I can't use the phone app. It did work after setting it up initally but not now. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7