Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1750 R6400v2 slow wired speeds

YummYummtheMan
Aspirant

AC1750 R6400v2 slow wired speeds

I am getting 900mbps download directly from my Arris SB8200 modem, however when I plug in my R6400v2 Router, I'm only getting between 200 and 500 mbps download while hard wired in. I'm currently on firmware V1.0.4.106_10.0.80.

I've reset both the modem and the router to factory default settings. Currently, there are zero devices connected to either the 2.4ghz or 5.0ghz wireless bands, two inactive PC's and one active PC's connected by Cat5E cables directly to the router. I am using speedtest.net for both the modem and router speed testing. I have attempted to disable DOS protection as one thread suggested, which resulted in lowering my results from around 250-400mbps to around 130 mbps (this setting has since been returned to default). I've changed the CAT5e cable going from my modem to my router (the cable to my PC is the same, the connection that gets 900mbps from the modem and less than half from the router). QOS is disabled currently. Upload speeds from the modem and router both stay at around 40mbps. I also disconnected all wired devices from the router, except my PC, and saw similar results (540mbps download, 40 mbps upload).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1750 R6400v2 slow wired speeds

Make sure after you reset that you don't restore a backup configuration. 

Also, during the install leave qos, access controls, traffic monitoring, and parental controls all disabled. 

Message 2 of 3
YummYummtheMan
Aspirant

Re: AC1750 R6400v2 slow wired speeds

I can confirm that my reset to default configuration did not restore old data, as the custom SSID and passwords were reset, along with my port forwarding.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7