Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Backup Interval Issue R7000

BOBfromNJ
Aspirant

Backup Interval Issue R7000

Have Backup Interval set for 30 minutes. Has worked great for weeks. Now when I open the dashboard it shows last backup was 1 hour ago and is calculating next backup? There is plenty of room on the backup drive connected directly to the USB on the router. I have tried to re-install the software which worked for 2 or 3 weeks.

Thanks for any inpuy

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
BOBfromNJ
Aspirant

Thank you James for the info. I will take your advise and update the firmware although it looks like the only bug fixed in the 1.0.7.2 is the time & date sync issue, which I did not have.

I believe I have found my issue and think it is in the way you interupt the instructions for the ReadyShare Vault. When you mark certain folders or files to be backed up and then set the Backup Interval for lets say 15 minutes. If none of those folders or files where changed in that time period then the backup will NOT run. Therefore there could many hours without a Backup if there was no changes. So you would NOT see a backup every 15 minutes.

With that in mind everything is working great and I believe its not only I great router, but a good 2nd backup for critical files.

Thanks again for your input, I appreciate it.

Bob

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

More info please. What Backup s/w? Had you changed anything?

Can you access the USB drive at all?

Message 2 of 11
BOBfromNJ
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. I had installed the Ready Share Vault software about 1 month ago. As I said everything was working fine. Had a 1TB external hard drive connected to the USB 3.0 in the front of the router. The back up was set to back up every 30 minutes for the folder and files I picked out. No her changes where made. The "dashboard" no shows that the last backup was 3 hours ago (instead of 30 minutes) and it says its couculating.

I am running Windows 7 Pro

Thanks

Message 3 of 11
JamesGL
Master

Hi BOBfromNJ,

1. Do you have stable connection from the router?

2. What is the firmware version of the router? 

3. Is your computer wired or wirelessly connected to the router?

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 4 of 11
BOBfromNJ
Aspirant

Thank you James,

1. Yes, there is a stable connection

2. Firmware version,  V1.0.6.28_1.1.83 

3. Computer is wired directly to router

Message 5 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

My 2 cents..............setting a backup for every 30 minutes is a bit much for this type of hardware In my opinon.

Connect the usb drive to the PC, the router resources are limited unlike the PC's and depending on router usage I'll bet it's running out of them and the process locks up.

Again just my 2 cents.

Message 6 of 11
BOBfromNJ
Aspirant

Thanks for your input but I think you have some facts wrong. First of all I was following all the instructions from the R7000 in connecting a backup drive with the ReadyShare software. Again following the instructions I am only backing up files that are intermittenly changed and NOT the entire computer. These limited files only represent less then 1% of the entire drive.

A complete backup is done once a week using Windows 7 Backup.

Message 7 of 11
JamesGL
Master

Hi BOBfromNJ,

Please be informed that the v1.0.6.28 firmware has been pulled out from support site due to some issues. I would suggest using a different firmware available in support site.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R7000?cid=wmt_netgear_organic#download

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 8 of 11
BOBfromNJ
Aspirant

Thank you James for the info. I will take your advise and update the firmware although it looks like the only bug fixed in the 1.0.7.2 is the time & date sync issue, which I did not have.

I believe I have found my issue and think it is in the way you interupt the instructions for the ReadyShare Vault. When you mark certain folders or files to be backed up and then set the Backup Interval for lets say 15 minutes. If none of those folders or files where changed in that time period then the backup will NOT run. Therefore there could many hours without a Backup if there was no changes. So you would NOT see a backup every 15 minutes.

With that in mind everything is working great and I believe its not only I great router, but a good 2nd backup for critical files.

Thanks again for your input, I appreciate it.

Bob

Message 9 of 11
JamesGL
Master

Hi BOBfromNJ,

Thank you for the feedback. If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 10 of 11
BOBfromNJ
Aspirant

Accepted Solution

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos