Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bandwidth Issues Post Firmware Upgrade Query

Voggie
Aspirant

Bandwidth Issues Post Firmware Upgrade Query

Has anyone else experienced the throughput issues I have experienced since upgrading firmware to 1.0.9.12 ?  It drops markedly from 200MBs to 30MBS max using both bands and also directly wired. Reverting to V1.0.9.6 sorts issue - but not happy to run on that ith KRACK issue.  Unable to report direct to tech support as out of 90 days 😉

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Voggie
Aspirant

Re: Bandwidth Issues Post Firmware Upgrade Query

Hello and thanks.  I did a reset to factory and upgrade to latest firmware version and noted that B/W issue resolved. When I applied configuration from backup taken prior to this,same B/W issues on wireless and also direct wired.  Determined by a process of elimination that issue was that I has been using QoS optionsonprevious build. Disabling QoS and re-enabling saw new options appear, and decided toleave disabled. When disabled issue is resolved with original config uploaded. So in conclusion have decided to leave QoS disabled, and may look at this at a later stage. Happy I have patched and have B/W back 😉

Thanks again

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies

I assume that this is wifi speeds. You don't say.

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have problems with new firmware.

If it isn't too late, and you aren't locked out completely, first note down the settings – screen grabs can help here.

Message 2 of 4
Voggie
Aspirant

Hello and thanks.  I did a reset to factory and upgrade to latest firmware version and noted that B/W issue resolved. When I applied configuration from backup taken prior to this,same B/W issues on wireless and also direct wired.  Determined by a process of elimination that issue was that I has been using QoS optionsonprevious build. Disabling QoS and re-enabling saw new options appear, and decided toleave disabled. When disabled issue is resolved with original config uploaded. So in conclusion have decided to leave QoS disabled, and may look at this at a later stage. Happy I have patched and have B/W back 😉

Thanks again

Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your work and for the detailed account of what is going on. With luck it will help victims who turn up here seeking help.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7