Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't connect router AC1750 Model# R6700v3

wgmartin
Follower

Can't connect router AC1750 Model# R6700v3

I have an old router netgear N300  WNR2000v2.  My internet provider recently upgraded some equipment and told me I needed to upgrade my router.  I purchased an AC1750  Model# R6700v3 from Amazon about 2 years ago and could not get it to work.  I'm not very knowledgeable in this area.  I was told by the gentleman that replaced my equipment that the R6700v3 should work much better that my old router, which I am still using.  I downloaded the Nighthawk app on my phone,  thinking this would help me.  It asked me to download the QR code on the router to my phone.  There is no QR code on my unit.  I have gone to YouTube searching for a video that might help.  Could not find anything for a R6700v3.  My internet provider is fiber optic and told me that the don't use a modem.  Just plug in the WAN cable into the new router and it should work  

W Martin

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't connect router AC1750 Model# R6700v3

Is there a wall jack some place that the ISP installed or if your on a Fiber service, there should be a ONT device that was installed by the ISP. Brand and model of this ONT if you can find it. 

Power OFF the ONT and R6700. Connect the R6700 to the ONT using a good quality LAN cable. CAT6 is recommended. Power ON the ONT first then R6700. Connect one wired PC to the back of the R6700 and you should be able to access the routers web page at 192.168.1.1. Might factory reset it using the reset button press for 10 seconds then release. Walk thru the setup wizard using the web browser. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: Can't connect router AC1750 Model# R6700v3

@wgmartin wrote:

I have an old router netgear N300  WNR2000v2.  My internet provider recently upgraded some equipment and told me I needed to upgrade my router. 

Probably because the Ethernet ports o9n the WNR2000v2 have a top speed of 100 Mbps (100BASE-Tx) which is slower than  most modern Internet services. The wifi isn't up to much either. After all, the original design dates back to 2008.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7