Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot Reset Parental Filtering for Bose Soundtouch Speaker

MattMatt
Star

Cannot Reset Parental Filtering for Bose Soundtouch Speaker

Model R8000, Nighthawk X6, Firmware 1.0.3.4 (Genie tells me it's the latest version), just updated Genie software as well.

I have parental controls enabled, blocking most "time-wasters", so to speak.  Pandora is one of them.  The speaker has connected successfully to a Netgear AP (older model, I haven't enabled WiFi on my R8000 yet).  It connects just fine to the Internet.  When I globally disable parental controls, Pandora shows up as an available service in the Bose app.  When I re-enable parental controls, it disappears as Pandora is blocked.  When I try to set the Parental Controls on the Bose to something other than "Default", it won't change.  I can't set it to "None", "Low", "Minimal", or anything else.  Bypass is not a possibility as I cannot install Genie on the Bose speaker.

I contacted Bose support and figured out it was the parental controls that was blocking Pandora.  But now I can't reset the parental controls, so the issue is with the R8000.

Any suggestions on how to get the R8000 to change the parental controls on the Bose?  Thanks.

-matt

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
MattMatt
Star

Pandora is not Re: Cannot Reset Parental Filtering for Bose Soundtouch Speaker

No, Pandora is not blocked when it is set to None.

I solved the problem.

When I set it to Media Device, it gives no option to reset the level of parental controls.  So I selected "Windows PC" and now it works.  So despite the fact that it's just a speaker, I had to set it to "Windows PC" in order to take the filtering off.  Weird, I guess.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Re: Cannot Reset Parental Filtering for Bose Soundtouch Speaker

Hi MattMatt,

Just to verify, even if the parental control is set to "None" still the pandora is blocked?

Message 2 of 4
MattMatt
Star

Pandora is not Re: Cannot Reset Parental Filtering for Bose Soundtouch Speaker

No, Pandora is not blocked when it is set to None.

I solved the problem.

When I set it to Media Device, it gives no option to reset the level of parental controls.  So I selected "Windows PC" and now it works.  So despite the fact that it's just a speaker, I had to set it to "Windows PC" in order to take the filtering off.  Weird, I guess.

Message 3 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Re: Pandora is not Re: Cannot Reset Parental Filtering for Bose Soundtouch Speaker

Hi MattMatt,

Glad it works now. Your solution might be helpful to others.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7