Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connecting to work Vpn via my X6 R8000

Ryannewton1985
Aspirant

Connecting to work Vpn via my X6 R8000

Hi,

Had this issue for a while and given up. But I would really like to get this working.

Occasionally I have to work from home and I cannot connect to our company Vpn, so I have to unplug my R8000 and turn my ISP modem back to router mode. Which is a major pain

I have read through a few suggestions on here and have read that I have to add the ip address of the Vpn host to my DMZ. I have been to WAN Setup and default DMZ server but it tells me that it is outside of my subnet.

I am a bit stuck. Any help or advice would be much appreciated
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Connecting to work Vpn via my X6 R8000

What ISP modem/router do you have? 

Another option is to leave the ISP device in router mode (disable its wifi) and then connect the netgear to the ISP modem. Put the netgear in AP (access point) mode. That leaves the ISP device controlling routing with the netgear acting as an access point

Message 2 of 4
Ryannewton1985
Aspirant

Thanks for the speedy response.

I have Virgin Media and a (Not so) Superhub 3. That is a very good suggestion and if all else fails that is exactly what I will do so thanks.
Ideally though I would like to relinquish any routing duty away from the ISP device because it is pretty awful. If there is a way to leave in modem mode that would be preferable. If not I have a solution ready now.

Thanks alot
Message 3 of 4
Ryannewton1985
Aspirant

Furthermore, if I set up the Vpn services on my R8000 I can Vpn into my home network from work. Just not Vpn from home to work.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7