Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cujo and Nighthawk R7800

tirohn
Tutor

Cujo and Nighthawk R7800

Hi there

I'm trying to get my network a bit more secure and installed the Cujo device. Now I seem to have a bit screwed my network, since I receive around 7000 threats per day, which is quite unusual also according to the Cujo people. I am also in contact with the support guys from Cujo, though I would like to double check the suggestions before I change them in my network. Here's the scenario I would like to have: I'm connected to my ISP with a modem/router, which is also connecting my ISP's TV Box. So for sure, I want to leave that TV Box directly connected to my ISP's modem/router. But then, all the other devices at home, I would like to be connected to my Nighthawk, which is connected behind the ISP modem/router. The ISP modem/router address range is 192.168.1.xxx, and the one from the Nighthawk, which is configured as router as well is 192.168.11.xxx, also acting as a DHCP and configured with OpenDNS. I would like to basically hide my devices from the knowledge of my ISP ;).

Now, I put the Cujo, configured in Bridge mode, between the ISP modem/router and my Nighthawk, but as mentioned, I received a bunch of threats. The Cujo support guys suggest that I put the Nighthawk as an AP, which would mean the DHCP is again only my ISP modem/router. Do you guys think this would work, and would my devices still be hidden from the ISP, since they're behind the Cujo??

Thanks for any help and response in advance

Regards

Martin

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cujo and Nighthawk R7800

If your trying to use some firewall device after the ISP modem then yes. Use the R7800 as a LAN to LAN AP. Configure it in AP mode. You need only one DHCP server, not more then that. Double NAT condiitions can cause problems. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

If your trying to use some firewall device after the ISP modem then yes. Use the R7800 as a LAN to LAN AP. Configure it in AP mode. You need only one DHCP server, not more then that. Double NAT condiitions can cause problems. 

Message 2 of 4
tirohn
Tutor

Thanks a lot, that helped.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors