Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Devices need daily reset to fix slow throughput.

theorigin
Follower

Devices need daily reset to fix slow throughput.

I have a R8000 set up as an access point connected to a R8000p. All devices that connect to the R8000 work fine for about a day before their throughput begins to rapidly decrease. For some reason after a day or so I will drop from 130~ up/down to around 10, and if I leave it as it is, it gets lower to the point of becoming unsuble. Resetting the wireless connection on the device and reconnecting to the same network resolves the issue temporarily.

I've fiddled with the broadcast channels, the 5ghz has been separated, and the 2.4ghz has been set to auto (though I've tried putting them on the opposite end of the spectrums just to test, with no change). Currently both devices are set up for smart connect.

Obviously I've rebooted both devices in the past, netgear routers always seem to need to be rebooted once a month to stay at reasonable capacity. 

Edit: having looked at another post I can say I test in the google web-browser, but I can tell the issue when I'm browsing the web, once it dips below 10 its' very noticeable. 

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router, R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7