Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Email logs doesn't work help

bobcade
Tutor

Email logs doesn't work help

I have a Nighthawk AC2400 and am trying to configure it to email logs.  I have tried my ISP's  (Cox) SMTP settings and my Outlook.com 365 settings and just cannot get it to email anything.  Has anyone successfully done this with Outlook.com?  I currently am not 2FA enabled on either account.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Email logs doesn't work help

Check with your email services to see if email configuration is corrrect for there use and if any 2FA is needed. I know gmail uses it and requires the use of Google generated PW. 

Message 2 of 4
Kitsap
Master

@bobcade wrote:

I have a Nighthawk AC2400 and am trying to configure it to email logs.  I have tried my ISP's  (Cox) SMTP settings and my Outlook.com 365 settings and just cannot get it to email anything.  Has anyone successfully done this with Outlook.com?  I currently am not 2FA enabled on either account.

Are there any result messages in your router log?

I successfully use Comcast smtp servers to e-mail a log to myself every morning.

In my router log the following entry shows...

[email sent to: XXXXXX@comcast.net ] Sunday, November 20, 2022 05:00:02

Part of the router configuration to send e-mail includes outgoing mail server port number and if your ISP e-mail server requires authentication.

Message 3 of 4

@bobcade wrote:

I use Outlook.com to send logs from some devices.

But not all SMTP servers and devices play nicely.

As @FURRYe38 says, GMail is pretty forgiving and can send to whatever email address you like.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7