Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Guest wifi not showing on my bbq guruu

H12Mike
Aspirant

Guest wifi not showing on my bbq guruu

I have a fan controller for my bbq.  It is connected to my wifi.  But I need a 2.4 connection but the controller only recognizes the 5.0 and this causes connectivity issues with the controller.  I set up the guest wifi at 2.4 but it does not see it.  Any ideas.  By the way I have a wired Ubiquiti access point only 10 feet from the controller. 

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: Guest wifi not showing on my bbq guruu

What model bbq guru do you have? I have one of the higher end models and its 2.4ghz only. 

You have the RAX120? 

Usually when you setup the bbq guru, you go through setup on your phone. You need to make sure you phone is connected to the 2.4ghz for setup. 

Message 2 of 10
H12Mike
Aspirant

I have the ultraQ.  I can see the guest wifi on the iPad and sign in to it.  But the guest wifi does not show on the UltraQ as an option only my main wifi shows.

Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

I'm not sure what you have going on with your setup. The ultraq is only a 2.4ghz device according to its manuals spec page where they have to declare that info. 

So it sees the standard network on the router but not the guest. Why not connect to the guest?

Also, make sure to disable wpa3 on the router. I've seen a lot of IoT devices like those not work with wpa3

Message 4 of 10
H12Mike
Aspirant

For some reason, it (UltraQ) is not seeing the guest wifi.  I will disconnect the WPA3 and see if it works.  Could it have anything to do with the wired Ubiquiti access point?

Message 5 of 10
plemans
Guru

it should still be able to "see" the broadcast wifi. 

How do you know its not "seeing" it?

what is the actual app showing? Usually its all setup through the app? 

Again, why using the guest? 

do other devices have issues seeing the 2.4ghz guest?

have you checked with bbq guru?

they're pretty responsive when you contact their support

Message 6 of 10
H12Mike
Aspirant

The "guest" is not showing on the controller but it is on the iPad.  The "guest" is 2.4.  I did contact  their customer service and they said it needed a 2.4 connection.  That is why I am trying to connect to "guest" which is set to 2.4.

My iAqualink pool controller which is about ten feet away is using the same access point with no issues.

Message 7 of 10
plemans
Guru

Have you tried disabling smart connect on the router?

You can also disable the 2.4ghz AX signal. Maybe the bbq guru has issues with AX signals

Message 8 of 10
H12Mike
Aspirant

I disabled the smart connect on the router.  Still have no visibility to Guru.  How do you broadcast a Hidden network?  My iPad is showing that my guest network is hidden.

Message 9 of 10
plemans
Guru

you could try looking through the manual. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RAX120

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7