Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Model #R6700v3 firmware update error

leddie78
Aspirant

Model #R6700v3 firmware update error

I was told that there is a firmware update for my router. I went to the Nighthawk app on my phone, input what I was supposed to, and told it to look for updates. I got an error saying: "Firmware Check Error. There was a problem checking firmware update." It says either to skip or try again. I click on try again, and get the same error message. I rebooted the router, tried again, and still get the error message. What do I do?? 

Message 1 of 4

Re: Model #R6700v3 firmware update error

@leddie78 wrote:

I was told that there is a firmware update for my router.

Who, or what, told you that?

What firmware do you have now?

I went to the Nighthawk app on my phone, input what I was supposed to, and told it to look for updates.

The on-board check for new firmware is unreliable. It can miss updates, especially when you are a long way behind the latest. It can also be a while before updates hit the automated update servers.

The best way to check is to visit the support pages for your device and to look at the library of available updates.

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and look for firmware for your device.

The release notes should also tell you how to manually update the firmware.

R6700v3 Firmware Version 1.0.4.128 | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Or read this:

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 4
leddie78
Aspirant

I received an email from Netgear that said there was an update available. In my IT illiteracy, I'm not exactly sure what firmware is--I'm sorry. I will check on the website for the release notes for the firmware. I truly appreciate the help, and the links to do it. Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 4

@leddie78 wrote:

I received an email from Netgear that said there was an update available.

OK. Those emails go out from time to time. Strangely, they don't seem to be related to any particular firmware update. They just get sent to people who have sign up for communication.

We usually know about these campaigns when people turn up here asking if the emails are genuine.Haven't seen any of those recently.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7