Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Modem has all the lights on. But it’s not connecting to the internet

Ivannati
Follower

Modem has all the lights on. But it’s not connecting to the internet

So I been having this issue for a few weeks but now it’s gotten worse. So my modem has all the lights on in green. My phone detects a WiFi. But there is no WiFi. When I run xfinity diagnostics it says, the internet cannot connect to my modem. My Xbox says I have a static IP address. To unplug it and connect it back in 30 seconds. So I don’t know if my modem is bad or is it my coax cable that is bad. Can someone help me with this.
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Modem has all the lights on. But it’s not connecting to the internet

@Ivannati wrote:
So my modem has all the lights on in green.

If the Internet LED is green it suggests that the modem is happily connecting to the Internet.

@Ivannati wrote:
My phone detects a WiFi. But there is no WiFi.

What does that mean? If the wifi LEDs are on and the phone detects wifi, there is wifi.

What messages do you see on the phone?

Have you tried other wifi clients? Have you told the phone to forget past connections to your wifi and set it up again?

To me, your issues seem to be down to the clients connected to tour network. Do you have a PC or something wired to the Ethernet network?

@Ivannati wrote:
When I run xfinity diagnostics it says, the internet cannot connect to my modem. My Xbox says I have a static IP address.

None of that means much to me. The bit about "internet cannot connect to my modem" is meaningless. The Internet doesn't connect to a modem. It is the other way round.

I don't understand Xbox stuff, so that message is also meaningless to me.

The C7000 is a cable modem/router. You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so there may be useful responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7