Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NH R6900P Help

Idekanymore
Aspirant

NH R6900P Help

I moved about a year ago and stowed away my Night Hawk R6900P AC1900. I switched ISP's from Century Link (DSL) to Gateway Fiber (Fiber Optic) and finally got the router out. When I hooked it up, the wired connection was fine, but I noticed the WiFi was not working. I could not get into router as I forgot the password, so I factory reset it. After that, the internet light stays amber, and it will not detect an internet connection. I tried routerlogin.net, but because it cannot identify an internet connection, the wizard will not move forward. The Night Hawk iOS app does the same thing. It connects to the routers WiFi, and can find it on the network, but becuase it cannot connect to the internet, it does not move forward with set up either. I have tried power cycling both the modem and router with no luck. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: NH R6900P Help

a couple things. 

1. what ont/gateway is the netgear connected to? (Model)

2. did the wifi on/off button get hit? push and hold it for 2 seconds. 

Message 2 of 4
Idekanymore
Aspirant

I belive it is a Calix GigaPoint 803G. I could not find a WiFi button on the device. I'll take a look at the manual to see where it is located. 

Thank you!

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

2nd button in from the right side. Looks like an led. 

Nighthawk R6900P | AC1900 Smart WiFi Router | NETGEAR Support

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7