Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear DDNS server is not reachable

Bill-D
Apprentice

Netgear DDNS server is not reachable

I've had two R7000 routers (east & west coasts) for 4 years and the Netgear DDNS (xxxx.mynetgear.com) for both has always worked.

However, neither DDNS is working today.  On my local R7000 here on the east coast I tried to to re-enter my Host Name, Email and PW and received the error message "The email/account specified does not exist".  When I click "Show Status", I get the error message "Update failed at 08:19PM,11/16/2020 The service provider is not reachable".

Is anyone else having this problem?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
Bill-D
Apprentice

Re: Netgear DDNS server is not reachable

Fellow R7000 sufferers - Is it only me or has anyone else noticed that the DDNS is not working?

It seems to me that the Netgear DDNS server has been unreachable for at least 24 hours. 

Message 2 of 3
Bill-D
Apprentice

Re: Netgear DDNS server is not reachable

I solved it.  Even though I don't know why Netgear's DDNS server stopped propagating both my R7000 Host Names to DNS servers, I've solved the problem by resetting both my Netgear DDNS accounts under Advanced/Advanced Setup/Dynamic DNS on both my R7000 routers and then re-registering them.  After that, both my R7000 Host Names were propagated to DNS servers as they should be and both my R7000 routers are now reachable over the Internet by Host Name again.  In order to do this Reset to my unattended, remotely-located R7000, I had to initially reach it by IP address instead of by Host Name.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7