Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Switching Control of Router from PC to cell phone

IGORSTRAVINSKY
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Switching Control of Router from PC to cell phone

Downloaded the cell phone App to switch (or add) control of the router. Will I need to resetup from the begining or is there a way to keep my settings (ie: settings backup)?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Switching Control of Router from PC to cell phone

Message 2 of 4
IGORSTRAVINSKY
Aspirant

Thanks for your answer.I guess I may have worded it wrong. I know how to backup my router settings and have been doing it.What I am asking is I want to have my phone control my router. I have downloaded the android program onto my Samsung A51.(I haven't started installing it yet). My router is now being controlled by my old desktop computer. When I install the phone app,instead of going through the whole router install steps(from scratch) will I be able to just import my settings backup file ,from my desktop, and then be done? Will that work or will I have to do it the long way?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

The Nighthawk app has very limited abilities and only is more doing monitoring and some controlling of device access. The app doesn't support any kind of backup configurations to the router. You'll need to use a web browser and PC to access the routers web page for advanced controlls and backup configuration files. You can use both web browser and Nighthawk app to monitor the router. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7