Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000 MAC Spoofing Doesn't Work

kbeiii
Initiate

Nighthawk R7000 MAC Spoofing Doesn't Work

I have a Nighthawk R7000 Router; trying to get it connect to Comcast/xfinity service on a Netgear CM400.

I'm having the problem where I can get the internet on a computer, but not on the router (the internet light stays orange).  I've read the previous forum threads about others who have had this problem, and have read the kb article on mac spoofing:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1086/~/no-internet-with-new-router---mac-spoofing

I have tried all of those things and I still cannot get connectivity.  My current (not-yet-disconnected) service is a DSL connection through a similar DSL modem and the Nighthawk works fine, so I don't think it's anything physical.  Is there some other setting somewhere aside from the MAC address (and I've checked it several times, entered it several times, so I'm fairly sure it's not a typo) that might be cause the Nighthawk not to talk to the CM400?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R7000 MAC Spoofing Doesn't Work

If you are using your R7000 with your DSL connection, then it's probably set up to use PPPoE.  You need to disable that before you can use the R7000 on cable.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

If you are using your R7000 with your DSL connection, then it's probably set up to use PPPoE.  You need to disable that before you can use the R7000 on cable.

Message 2 of 3
kbeiii
Initiate

This absolutely worked; changed the "Does your service require a login" from "yes" to "no" (which eliminated the PPPoE thing), rebooted modem and router, and it's working like a charm.  Thanks a ton!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7