Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk

Easypeasy5
Aspirant

Nighthawk

Hi there. First question so hopefully in the right place! Router is working ok but yesterday it was showing connected but no internet. I was using it in my van with outside antenna. It was in a secluded/ hard area for reception but if it's showing signal is there anything else I can check? Thanks

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk

Move to a different location. 
Power off the router and back ON. 

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Mobile Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with mobile routers. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/bd-p/aircard

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you

Message 2 of 6

@Easypeasy5 wrote:

Router is working ok but yesterday it was showing connected but no internet.

What was showing that? The router? An attached wifi device?

Message 3 of 6
Easypeasy5
Aspirant

Hi. I meant the router was showing devices connected to router. Also router was showing signal was there as well on router. Devices connected but no Internet. I was using outside antenna connected
Message 4 of 6

@Easypeasy5 wrote:
Devices connected but no Internet. I was using outside antenna connected

I am still none the wiser.

I asked because a common issue is that a device can happily connect to the wifi from the router and the router can be connected to the Internet, but something on the device is blocking that from getting on to the router. It will then show the "no Internet" warning. This is pretty common on PCs where the Windows tried to protect the local network from nasty things in the outside world. Sadly, those "nasty things" can be the Internet.

I see no sign that you have followed the advice from @FURRYe38 and asked for help in the right section for your hardware.

Some issues are generic to all routers, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Mobile Routers, Hotspots & Modems

Those things are very different from the standard Netgear routers covered in this section.

Maybe someone there will understand what you are saying.

Message 5 of 6
Easypeasy5
Aspirant

Sorry I couldn't make you understand my problem. I'll try elsewhere. Cheers
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements