Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NtHwkR8000: PLZ help ROUTER LOG has me stumped

LaughnJar
Aspirant

NtHwkR8000: PLZ help ROUTER LOG has me stumped

Hello.
Home setup, Nighthawk r8000, set as DHCP Server, personlized randomized router admin login password, remote access disabled, ip address reservtion via mac address approved device list, access control active, no port forwarding...everything I know of to lock my router down tight. And I removed the radio com board from the laptop I use to access the router admin tables...and I likely forgot more measures I use to secure my router as much as I know how to do so.

Because I know the system was hacked atesst one time inSt five years. Hacker nearly took over the gaming system I built for my son, but I intervened in time luckily.

So present anomaly:
A few nights back, I noticed my cell handset dl speed was dropping below 1 mb. 2 hundreds of thousands of kilobytes. Meaning it was extremely slow considering a normally and typically get a Wi-Fi connection download speed to my headset from router right around 200000 megs per second. I contacted the cable company for which I have gigabyte service with who traced their signal to the modam that is theirs and indicated that line was not having any interference so I proceeded to check my Rather in order to potentially troubleshoot anything that might have slipped by me the last time I was in adjusting the tables tables. However nothing had been changed everything was set as it was supposed to be. But I did find a unique anomaly that I have not ever seen in my router logs before. While not necessarily indicative of a hacker per se, This extensive cluster and Emily was all crap it was all occurring linked to my cellular headset which is a Samsung Z flip 3.

So as opposed to take screenshots I actually took a picture of the monitor sir to post here because I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what exactly is going on in this instance since. Thank To any and all in advance for any insight you may Provide me! Here are the pics...

Message 1 of 10
LaughnJar
Aspirant

Re: NtHwkR8000: PLZ help ROUTER LOG has me stumped

Second pic of 4
Message 2 of 10
LaughnJar
Aspirant

Message 3 of 10
LaughnJar
Aspirant

Ok so i Have no clue how I accidentally hit the except as a solution this has not been resolved I will repost My apology is to involve thank you kindly. Maud's may omit or delete this from the community website As necessary because I will repost the contents of the initial post and then subsequent images that I was providing thank you kindly peace
Message 4 of 10
LaughnJar
Aspirant

Plz Help.NtHwk R8000 admin routerlog oddness

Hello.
Home setup, Nighthawk r8000, set as DHCP Server, personlized randomized router admin login password, remote access disabled, ip address reservtion via mac address approved device list, access control active, no port forwarding...everything I know of to lock my router down tight. And I removed the radio com board from the laptop I use to access the router admin tables...and I likely forgot more measures I use to secure my router as much as I know how to do so.

Because I know the system was hacked atesst one time inSt five years. Hacker nearly took over the gaming system I built for my son, but I intervened in time luckily.

So present anomaly:
A few nights back, I noticed my cell handset dl speed was dropping below 1 mb. 2 hundreds of thousands of kilobytes. Meaning it was extremely slow considering a normally and typically get a Wi-Fi connection download speed to my headset from router right around 200000 megs per second. I contacted the cable company for which I have gigabyte service with who traced their signal to the modam that is theirs and indicated that line was not having any interference so I proceeded to check my Rather in order to potentially troubleshoot anything that might have slipped by me the last time I was in adjusting the tables tables. However nothing had been changed everything was set as it was supposed to be. But I did find a unique anomaly that I have not ever seen in my router logs before. While not necessarily indicative of a hacker per se, This extensive cluster and Emily was all crap it was all occurring linked to my cellular handset which is a Samsung Z flip 3.

So as opposed to take screenshots I actually took a picture of the monitor sir to post here because I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what exactly is going on in this instance since. Thank To any and all in advance for any insight you may Provide me! Attached in 4cseparstexpostd are the pics...
Message 5 of 10
LaughnJar
Aspirant

Re: Plz Help.NtHwk R8000 admin routerlog oddness

Message 6 of 10
LaughnJar
Aspirant

Message 7 of 10
LaughnJar
Aspirant

Message 8 of 10

@LaughnJar wrote:
Ok so i Have no clue how I accidentally hit the except as a solution this has not been resolved .....

Fixed.

Message 9 of 10

I'm having a seriously hard time trying to understand these posts. Photos of screens is a very 20th century way of sharing stuff like that when Windows has Alt + Print screen. (Windows 11 makes it even easier.) So I don't know what those logs are supposed to show us.

I looked at one or two of those images and can't follow the message.

Is this the bit where you describe what is happening?

But I did find a unique anomaly that I have not ever seen in my router logs before. While not necessarily indicative of a hacker per se, This extensive cluster and Emily was all crap it was all occurring linked to my cellular handset which is a Samsung Z flip 3.

What is  this "extensive cluster" and who or what is "Emily"?

If you are looking at DoS Attack stuff, you should know that Netgear's firmware is great at creating false reports of DoS attacks. Many of them are no such thing.

Search - NETGEAR Communities – DoS attacks

Use Whois.net to see who is behind some of them and you may find that they are from places like Facebook, Google, even your ISP.

Here is a useful tool for that task:

IPNetInfo: Retrieve IP Address Information from WHOIS servers

If these events are slowing down your router, that may be because it is using up processor time as it writes the events to your logs. Anything that uses processor power – event logging, QoS management, traffic metering – may cause slowdowns. Disable logging of DoS attacks and see if that reduces the problem. This does not prevent the router from protecting you from the outside world.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7