Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 - Wired connection slow then fast

neeiro
Aspirant

R7000 - Wired connection slow then fast

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the R7000 - when doing a speed test the connection is 0.21 Mbps then after a few second it seems to speed up to its correct speed 150Mbps. I've had the ISP out to check the modem and all seems fine, Speeds are ok when using the ISPs router with built in modem.

Just wiondering if this is a common problem or if there is a setting that is causing this.

Neil.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
netwrks
Master

Re: R7000 - Wired connection slow then fast

Things to check:

Cabling between modem and router - should be at least CAT5e.

If QoS is enabled. Disable and try your test again. 

If you have recently upgraded the firmware on the 7000 and did not reset to factory default, it would be a good idea to do so. 

Have you bridged your ISP modem? If you are using the 7000 as you primary router, you should do so, if it is a router / modem combo.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
netwrks
Master

Things to check:

Cabling between modem and router - should be at least CAT5e.

If QoS is enabled. Disable and try your test again. 

If you have recently upgraded the firmware on the 7000 and did not reset to factory default, it would be a good idea to do so. 

Have you bridged your ISP modem? If you are using the 7000 as you primary router, you should do so, if it is a router / modem combo.

Message 2 of 4
neeiro
Aspirant

Thanks I'll try them

Cabling is Cat6 standard and its the primary router with the ISP router in modem mode (Virgim Media)

I'll try the other things and report back

Message 3 of 4
neeiro
Aspirant

Looks like it was the Downstream QoS - Disbaled it and the speedtests are working correctly now.

Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7