Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000P cannot login to admin interface with correct credentials

jdittmar
Initiate

R7000P cannot login to admin interface with correct credentials

Hi Netgear community,

I'm having trouble logging into my Nighthawk R7000P router interface via my user name and password using the Netgear Genie App, the Netgear Up Mobile app, routerlogin.net or by typing the router's IP address into a browser window. 

The only thing that works is using touch id in the Netgear Up mobile app.

I know the password I'm entering is correct b/c when I login to the Up mobile app via touch ID I can see the password. In addition, I tried doing the password recovery process in routerlogin.net and was able to recover the user name and password credentials and verify that they matched exactly what I have been entering.

Any idea how i can resolve this issue? Even though I can login to mobile app via touch ID, it doesnt have the advance settings I'd like to configure.

The mobile app lists the following settings for my router:

Name: R700P

Model: R700P

Firmware: V1.2.0.22

Type: Router

It also lists the router admin password (which doesnt work), the mac address and the ip address (which is not 192.168.1.1).

Note that when I setup the router I changed the password, so it is not set to 'password'.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
jdittmar
Initiate

Re: R7000P cannot login to admin interface with correct credentials

Alright, so I was able to change the password by running the "New Setup" process in the mobile app. I tried to reset it to what I had originally used and it still did not work. I then ran it again and told it to use the same password as my Wifi. That worked! I was then able to go to routerlogin.net and change the password to the original value I had set. After that I logged out and tried to log back in and it worked!

So it seems as if custom setting the password via the netgear up mobile app simply didnt work. 

Frustrating, but glad I was able to find a work around. 

Hope someone finds this info useful!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
jdittmar
Initiate

Re: R7000P cannot login to admin interface with correct credentials

Alright, so I was able to change the password by running the "New Setup" process in the mobile app. I tried to reset it to what I had originally used and it still did not work. I then ran it again and told it to use the same password as my Wifi. That worked! I was then able to go to routerlogin.net and change the password to the original value I had set. After that I logged out and tried to log back in and it worked!

So it seems as if custom setting the password via the netgear up mobile app simply didnt work. 

Frustrating, but glad I was able to find a work around. 

Hope someone finds this info useful!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7