Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7850 No Internet Connection

BMan344
Follower

R7850 No Internet Connection

My R7850 Nighthawk is not connecting to the internet.  The modem is working because I have connection if I bypass the Nighthawk.

I have changed the cable from the modem to the router to verify it's not a cable issue.

I have re-booted multiple times to no avail.

I don't believe I have the latest firmware, but when i connected through the app it said there were no updates.  However, on the Netgear page I did see a later version of the firmware.  

I could not log in to the router from the PC.  I tried the routerlogin.net, but instead of opening a window to enter my admin information it just went to a page on the netgear site (see below).

Tech support gave me several things to try but not successfully.

My last chance is to do a factory reset.

I am by no means a computer expert, so any advice is appreciated.

Message 1 of 2

Re: R7850 No Internet Connection

@BMan344 wrote:

My R7850 Nighthawk is not connecting to the internet.  The modem is working because I have connection if I bypass the Nighthawk.

What is that modem?

@BMan344 wrote:

I have re-booted multiple times to no avail.

Be sure to restart your whole network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

@BMan344 wrote:

I don't believe I have the latest firmware, but when i connected through the app it said there were no updates.  However, on the Netgear page I did see a later version of the firmware.  

The on board check can miss updates.

@BMan344 wrote:

I could not log in to the router from the PC.  I tried the routerlogin.net, but instead of opening a window to enter my admin information it just went to a page on the netgear site (see below).

What website? I see  no "below".

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7