Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000

JimTheGreek
Tutor

R8000

I used to think NETGEAR was the best. My last Netgear (can’t recall m/n) was several years back, now I returned to old trusted, except I have my doubts!
The install wasn’t the smoothest, the circle app sucks, I’m removing it & I switched from a rather slow router to this & my speed at best are same. VERY disappointed!!!
Not only that, after I renamed each device as I brought each one at a time, after while, it lost most of the names!
Also, often times app doesn’t want to connect to router until I quit & come back (iPhone 7 plus with latest iOS).
I’m worried! Shall I return & go with someone else while I still can?
Thanks for any feedback!
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JimTheGreek
Tutor

Re: R8000

Well, I guess I AM a masechist, I traded that one in for the Nighthawk AX8 and I love it.

Zero installation issues, excellent signal in the entire house, good speed. I think this is a keeper!

I think this will be last post other than replies to this, unless I have issues with this one too, but I don't expect any!

Thank you all for your input!

Cheers!

Or as we say in Greece, Opa!

View solution in original post

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 6 of 6

All Replies
myersw
Master

Put back in box and return. Get different vendor. I like you used to think Netgear was the best. A r8000 and r8000p fight with firmware proved to me otherwise. 

Message 2 of 6
JimTheGreek
Tutor

Can you recommend one for a large home coverage?
Thanks!
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 6
JimTheGreek
Tutor

Well, maybe I'm a masochist, I replaced it with the Orbi RBK50.

IDK, but I'm having a bad feeling about this....

I placed the satellite in the furthest room, it connects fine, but the TV & Firestick right next to it, and the same set on the other side of that wall, connect with the main satellite on the other end of the house, WTF?

What's the point of the satellite? I could probably save me $150 or more buying just the main.

And again, as the NIghthawk, the app sucks, lost my names again, WTF?

I Netgear stupid or what? Is Netgear reading ANY of thsese posts? They ought to, it would benefit them greatly!

WTF NETGEAR, WAKE UP! You gonna wake up one day and you'll find you lost most of  your market share because you're too high on your horse, while others contantly improved their products and services! Smiley Frustrated

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router, RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 4 of 6
myersw
Master

Eero for a mesh would probably work fine.

Message 5 of 6
JimTheGreek
Tutor

Well, I guess I AM a masechist, I traded that one in for the Nighthawk AX8 and I love it.

Zero installation issues, excellent signal in the entire house, good speed. I think this is a keeper!

I think this will be last post other than replies to this, unless I have issues with this one too, but I don't expect any!

Thank you all for your input!

Cheers!

Or as we say in Greece, Opa!

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7