× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router BR500. Not able to open the admin page through Internet Explorer.

Manojkoli
Aspirant

Router BR500. Not able to open the admin page through Internet Explorer.

Hello All,

We bought new BR500 for our system. Initially we configure & tested on system, it is working Ok. But when trying to open admin page in the Internet Explorer, it is not opening. As per datasheet it is supporting Internet Explorer. In our system there is IE Version 7 & on my Laptop IE Version is 1909 (OS Build 18363.1556), but still not able to open admin page for configuring the Router on system as well as on my Laptop. I can able to open admin page in Crome & Microsoft Edge.

Please someone can help me to out from this ERROR. I am attching the Snap shot of error message as well here. I installed Certificate as well but not working out.

Thanks,

Manoj koli.Internet Explorer error.png

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Router BR500. Not able to open the admin page through Internet Explorer.

Times are long time gone where you can "install" self-signed and/or no longer trusted certificates on Windows (and the related IE version therefore). The factory certificate (be warned, to my knowledge it can't be replaced on this no longer maintained product) can never be trusted. Unless there is some policy enforced an your Windows system, I _guess_ you could go over the "About certificate errors" and continue the access - on my Windows 10 (21H1) IE11 (19043.1052) I can bypass the invalid certificate warning by "taking" the risk. 

If you can use Edge and/or Chrome, for sake use these modern and up2date brosers instead.

Afraid, the BR500 is stuck in this product status....

P02-110713-584.jpg 

...and it's ODM and it's developers belong to here

Monopoly Jail  - CC Chris Potter - www.ccPixs.comMonopoly Jail - CC Chris Potter - www.ccPixs.com

PS: Can't upload proof - reached the max of 999 uploaded images @ChristineT 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements