Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router R7000 keeps going offline

Dracarus
Initiate

Router R7000 keeps going offline

Router keeps going offline up to 4 times a day and it’s only 1 year old. I have updated the firmware, done multiple reboots to both router and modem. Any support out there or solutions that have worked?
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 8
mlap
Initiate

Re: Router R7000 keeps going offline

Mmmm....

Strange, i have the same problem, started a few weeks ago.

but my router R7000 is 6 years old, so i didn't try much.

i'ts updatet an rebooted a few times,

and becouse it's 6 years old, i bougt new gear.

But iI am sure it's my router, not my modem.

Did you do a factory reset??

That's the next thing I'm going to try.

Bu don't know when i have time for it.

Today I have installed the new router, so my problem is solved 😉

Try the factory reset if you didn't do it already.

mvg. 

Mlap.

Message 2 of 8
Dracarus
Initiate

In my app I don’t see an option to do a factory reset. Are you referring to the reset button on the back? Not the power one but a small reset button
Message 3 of 8
mlap
Initiate

I never used the app.
But holding the little reset button for a second of 20 in, wil do a factor reset.
Be sure you know the default logging 😉
Message 4 of 8
Sarafinag
Initiate

I have the same issue that started a couple of weeks ago.  My router is less than 6 months old.  I called for support and they wanted me to spend $90 for a support package.   I just spend $200 on the router, so I am not spending $90 for support. Any community help out there would be appreciated.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 5 of 8
Sarafinag
Initiate

BTW, I did a factory reset already

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 6 of 8
AHoward4
Initiate

I have tried everything for this issue. I even took my first R7000 backl and pleaded with Best Buy to let me exchange it so luckily they did. My 2nd one is doing the same thing and I've called Support, since it is new, several times. Many of the solutions are silly solutions, like unplug the ethernet and blow the dust out, you must be having power outages, it is just normal for it to go offline everyonce in a while. I had a couple of good techs who helped me change the mac address which helped for about a week and now it is back going offline about twice a day. I'm just going to take this one back and get a different brand. I had lots of confidence in NetGear until now. My daughter has this exact model NightHawk and the same exact ISP and hasn't had any issues for almost 3 years now! If NetGear support can't even help me, I don't want to continue with this!

Message 7 of 8
Annoyed1002
Initiate

I too use to think Netgear was the way to go, but I too have lost faith.  I am running into this problem as well and on version 1.0.9.88_10.2.88.  Have to reboot the the router at least twice a day.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7