Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r6700v3 won't broadcast 5ghz

cats2000
Aspirant

r6700v3 won't broadcast 5ghz

I don't know TOO MUCH about this stuff so I'll try to include all the info I can on the router and what not.

I have tried to reset,reboot,erase,go back to older FW, and also reset my modem and did the whole set up process two times trying to make it show up. The router says it has both bands and is broadcasting both, but I only see the 2.5ghz connection on my computer and iphone12. The computer is custom if that matters and the network adapter is up to date.

Additionally I have optimum and requested one of their routers even, and it also gives me one band, but the internet globe light thing on their router stays red when connected to my netgear modem.

Two days ago I tried to use a netgear range extender and setting it as an access point and it showed me both ghz, but I don't know why after reseting it and disconnecting it from power it would continue to disrupt the broadcast if at all. It was connected to the nighthawk router at one point. 

I use Windows, the router is v3, and firmware is currently V1.0.4.78_10.0.55, like i said I was trying to backtrack in case it was the firmware.

I've been working on this for hours and am losing my mind.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: r6700v3 won't broadcast 5ghz

After you reset the router, did you set up the router for separate wifi SSID names and give a unique 5Ghz SSID name to be seen on a mobile device? 

Message 2 of 4
cats2000
Aspirant

I left it with it's "-5g" name, but i'll set up and change the names now to see what happens. 

Also as FYI the modem I'm using is the NETGEAR cm600

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

K,

You might also disable the 2.4Ghz radio as well on the Router and see if this does anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Check with multiple devices to see if anyone of them sees the 5Ghz SSID name. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7