Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r7500 firmware 1.0.3.40 Hosed Had to Factory reset now AP Mode doesn't work

Retired_Member
Not applicable

r7500 firmware 1.0.3.40 Hosed Had to Factory reset now AP Mode doesn't work

Using R7500v2 as an access point to existing Frontier FIOS router.

Did the firmware update from 1.0.3.38 to 1.0.3.40 via the admin app, the router never came back up properly, waited 10 min then did reset, wi-fi never started.

Did factory reset and can get to wizard where existing router is detected and I go through wizard to select AP mode (use all default settings, let existing router assign IP address, etc.)

After applying AP mode, it restarts.

I see the IP address for the device name under the FIOS network but the status is inactive and I can't get to it via the IP Address.

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: r7500 firmware 1.0.3.40 Hosed Had to Factory reset now AP Mode doesn't work

Rolling back to firmware 1.0.3.38 restored AP functionality and I can access by IP again. This should be forwarded to Netgear engineers with high priority as the new firmware breaks existing functionality and should be pulled.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Rolling back to firmware 1.0.3.38 restored AP functionality and I can access by IP again. This should be forwarded to Netgear engineers with high priority as the new firmware breaks existing functionality and should be pulled.

Message 2 of 3
myersw
Master

@Retired_Member wrote:

Yup more garbage Firmware. Welcome to the wonderful world of garbage firmware. Devs right now do not have a clue. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7