Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r7800: How to connect to admin console not using TCP (ethernet)

lcotton
Aspirant

r7800: How to connect to admin console not using TCP (ethernet)

Hi

I have a Netgear R7800 with dd-wrt installed on it.

I was playing around with openvpn route settings and I have managed to set up a route for my subnet which means I cannot connect via tcp to configure it.

I am not sure exactly what I have done, but I think I (inadvertently) put a route command similar to:
route 10.168.1.0 255.255.255.0
where 10.168.1.1 is the local ip address of my router and 10.168.1.x is my LAN subnet (not vpn subnet).

I seem to be able to ping the device, but cannot connect via ssh or http.

Somehow I need to get a connection so I can undo the bad configuration - does anyone know how I might do this ?

I thought I might be able to either:

• manually change/set the local ip address of the router using physical hardware ? or other means ?
  • or connect to and change the configuration of the router without using tcp - via a serial port or something equivalent ?

Are either of those possible ?

If that is not possible is the only other option to do a board reset and completely reconfigure ?

If I do do a board reset I assume it simply resets with the firmware that is on the board (i.e the ddwrt firmware I have loaded) - is that the case ? Or does it squirrel away a default firmware somewhere and use that on reset ?

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7