× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAXE500 Link Aggregation Not Working

mshasib
Aspirant

RAXE500 Link Aggregation Not Working

I purchased a Netgear RAXE500 recently and I'm on the latest firmware (V1.0.5.62_2.0.35).

I am unable to setup link aggregation on. I have tried both static and LACP mode using a Netgear and a TP-Link switch. But, none of them seem to be working. After turning on link aggregation, the Netgear router fails to provide a DHCP address to the connected switch and then the switch defaults back to its self-assigned IP address. I think there might some issue with loopback in  the network when link aggregation is turned on.

Is anyone else using this router and been able to successfuly setup link aggregation?

Message 1 of 9
Razor512
Prodigy

Re: RAXE500 Link Aggregation Not Working

On your switch, did you enable LACP on the 2 ports that you have connected to the router? Both the router and the switch must have LACP enabledd otherwise you will run intl an unusable connection.

Message 2 of 9
mshasib
Aspirant

Yes, obviously. I setup LACP on both the router and the switch and then connected the cables on both ports.

Message 3 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello mshasib,

Have you had a moment to reach out to our support team regarding this? Newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 4 of 9
mshasib
Aspirant

Hi @Christian_R ,

A case has been open since 05/18/21. Unfortunately, there is still no resolution on this.

I am surprised that support has not been able to provide me a solution in spite of both my devices being Netgear.

I would appreciate if you can escalate the case.

Message 5 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello mshasib,

May you provide me with your case number and I'll reach out to our support teams.

Regards,

Christian 

Message 6 of 9
mshasib
Aspirant

Hi @Christian_R ,

It's Case # 44581105

Message 7 of 9
joaos
Tutor

I have LACP multi-gig (1 + 1) working on WAN side, connecting to an Arris modem, with no problem at all, but I had not tried the LAN side as it seems to be your case. Setting up the switch for link aggregation may be a little tricky though. If you have other hardware that supports LA (like NAS, for example), I would give it a try, just to discard the possibility that the problem might be with the router.

Latest firmware is V1.0.6.64, did you upgrade already?
Message 8 of 9
Razor512
Prodigy

With some managed switches, it can get tricky getting LACP working right, especially when they offer a ton of different methods and hashing types, where it could end up requiring some trial and error.

TP-Link tends to offer a bunch of options on their managed switches for hash algorithm, number of ports used, passive or active LACP, etc.

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7