Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can only login to my Orbi RBR 750 with Anywhere Access, not locally on Orbi App

joryusa
Follower

Can only login to my Orbi RBR 750 with Anywhere Access, not locally on Orbi App

I have Orbi mesh systems in 2 locations. I can access the both with the Orbi app on my iphone via Access Anywhere, but can only login to one location locally when I'm there. It want's a password to use Face ID, but it won't accept any password I think it should be. (It should be the same for both locations).  I don't see any way to access the 2nd location locally.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Can only login to my Orbi RBR 750 with Anywhere Access, not locally on Orbi App

My sense is that Face ID is a method to:

• Unlock the iPhone, or
  • Open apps that have requested to be able to use Face ID

In either case, the password should be the iPhone password.  ("Yes, you can bypass entering the password by showing your face.")  This article talks about Face ID and apps:

https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-enable-face-id-for-iphone-apps/ 

Does the Orbi App appear on the list of apps that have asked to use Face ID?

The Orbi app is a wonderful inducement to practice meditation and tolerance.  We Android users now have discovered our Orbi app will connect only locally and Anywhere Access has ceased working completely.  It appears users with Apple products may be experiencing a totally different situation.  Or......

As I recall, the Orbi app requests two different sets of credentials:

• When the app is first installed, it wants to join the Netgear Orbi "cloud" and asks for:
    • The user name for my.netgear.com , which is usually an email address, and
    • The password to that account
    • Users are frequently annoyed when the app helpfully fills in "admin" for the user name, which is incorrect.
    • The app also offers to use some random user names from the past, which are also not correct, and
    • The user has to erase "admin" and key in the name for my.netgear.com 
  • After passing that hurdle, the app may ask for the credentials for the Orbi router, which are
    • admin (lower case, and cannot be changed) and
    • Some password of 8 or more characters which must include some 'mix' of characters.
    • Are the administrative credentials for both Orbi systems identical?
Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can only login to my Orbi RBR 750 with Anywhere Access, not locally on Orbi App

For any local connections with Orbi app, that's only support only one locally connected session when you at the local network system connected to the one local on site system. 

@joryusa wrote:

I have Orbi mesh systems in 2 locations. I can access the both with the Orbi app on my iphone via Access Anywhere, but can only login to one location locally when I'm there. It want's a password to use Face ID, but it won't accept any password I think it should be. (It should be the same for both locations).  I don't see any way to access the 2nd location locally.  Any suggestions?

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7