Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot change email verification email

nderby3141
Tutor

Cannot change email verification email

I am unable to change the email verification email.  I have change the email in my profile on the Netgear website but the verification email on the iOS App is still the old email that no longer exist.  What do I need to do to log in to my Netgear account on the App if I can't access the verification email or change it?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 24
CrimpOn
Guru

The only process that seems to work is to send a private message to one of the forum moderators by clicking on their screen name (moderators have a 'capital N' after their screen name where the rest of us have a cute symbol). Explain the problem, together with details that should not be posted on a public forum, such as your name and the serial number of the product, etc.

Message 2 of 24
nderby3141
Tutor

Any idea how to contact a "moderator"?  I don't see anyone listed in any threads regarding the verification email issue that looks to be a moderator or anyone that could help with this issue.  Hard to believe that this is even an issue and that we don't have any options to change verification methods ourselves.

Message 3 of 24
CrimpOn
Guru

Here are a few @Dustin_V@Blanca_O 

Message 4 of 24
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi nderby3141,

We'll send a request to the appropriate team to change the email address.  

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 5 of 24
68Phyfe
Initiate

I have same issue. I changed email providers. I updated my email in my profile and everything worked fine. But now I have a new phone and Netgear Account Login is not recognizing my new device. Now the issue is the verification method is resorting to my old email that I no longer have access to and to make matters worse it is trying to send a verification notification to my old phone so that verification method is a dead-end as well. I can't locate any place in manage profile or settings to update my verification methods (email and phone). I'm stuck! Help?
Message 6 of 24
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @68Phyfe

I will PM you requesting for more information.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 7 of 24
vajamala
Aspirant

can you help me too please? I'm dead in the water TRYING to actually add an additional router to the configuration

Model: Dual Band
Message 8 of 24

@vajamala wrote:

can you help me too please? I'm dead in the water TRYING to actually add an additional router to the configuration

This doesn't seem to have anything to do with the previous discussion. It is also poor form  – and against the rules – to hijack a discussion started by someone else.

Please start your own fresh discussion.

While you are at it. tell people which Netgear hardware you are using.

You might also do better to post a message in the section where they talk about your hardware. This place is for the Orbi app. Is that what you own?

And explain what you are doing and where it goes wrong.

There should be no need for any email address if all you want to do is to add an Orbi router to a network.

Then again, if you already have one router on a network it is a bad idea to add another one. Hence the need for a proper explanation of what you are doing.

Message 9 of 24
vajamala
Aspirant

Not following. I'm having the exact same problem that is being discussed. I'm trying to add another satellite for my basement but I can't do anything on the APP because the app insists on using my old email address from a company that I no longer work for as my verification method. The title of the thread is "cannot change email verification method". Not sure how it could be any more relevant. I'm super frustrated and need help to add additional technology that I paid Netgear for, but their app is not allowing it and there's no one to talk to other than a forum of users.

Why would you accuse me of hijacking a thread? Rude.

Message 10 of 24

@vajamala wrote:

The title of the thread is "cannot change email verification method". Not sure how it could be any more relevant. I'm super frustrated and need help to add additional technology that I paid Netgear for, but their app is not allowing it and there's no one to talk to other than a forum of users.

I use the Nighthawk app to manage my network. I have added all manner of devices. At no stage have I been prevented from doing this by not having an email address in the system.

The only time when my apps care about an email address is when I use Anywhere Access.

The original message said:

I am unable to change the email verification email. I have change the email in my profile on the Netgear website but the verification email on the iOS App is still the old email that no longer exist.

That had nothing to do with "TRYING to actually add an additional router to the configuration".

Why would you accuse me of hijacking a thread? Rude.

It is rude to insist that you have the same question when it is obvious that this is far from being the case.

As I explained, the community rules don't like "hijacking".

NETGEAR Community Terms Of Service | Answer | NETGEAR Support

• Behave with civility and mutual respect. Flaming or name calling will not be tolerated. Similarly, any message containing the following will be removed at the discretion of either a Community moderator or administrator:
    • Off-Topic posting
    • Thread hi-jacking

I have explained that you have a different problem and that your understanding of your problem may be misguided.

I have also told you how to go about asking people for help with your problem. Start a new conversation, preferably in the area where they talk about your hardware. (You do not need to use an app to set up a router.) Explain what you are doing and where it goes wrong.

By all means keep banging on here, but don't expect to get very far.

Message 11 of 24
vajamala
Aspirant

This conversation does not involve the Nighthawk app. We're discussing the Orbi app, and there is a very specfic issue where it doesn't update your confirmation email when you update your email confirmation. This makes it impossible to use the app. I do need my app to manage my Orbi network. That's literally how you manage it.

The person before me asked a very specific question and was assisted by someone that knew how to fix it. My attempt was to get help from that same person. If anyone here is hijacking a thread it's the one talking about a different app than the one being discussed. Is the inference here that I'm going out on random help websites looking to cause trouble? Good grief man.

How do I add a satellite to my Orbi?

To add a satellite:
  1. Launch the Orbi app from a device that is connected to your Orbi WiFi network.
  2. Enter the user name and password that you created the first time you logged in and tap the SIGN IN button. ...
  3. In the top-left corner, tap the Menu icon.
  4. Tap ADD SATELLITE.
Message 12 of 24

@vajamala wrote:

We're discussing the Orbi app, and there is a very specfic issue where it doesn't update your confirmation email when you update your email confirmation. This makes the app essentially useless. I do need my app to manage my Orbi network. That's literally how you manage it.

Change Netgear to Orbi in my message and the story is the same.

That's what I use to manage my Orbi system. It does not need an email address for local activity.

That is also what I said in my first reply (see above).

The lack of any other responses to you should be telling you something by now.

We still have no idea what Orbi hardware you are using and how it fits in with your desire to "add an additional router to the configuration".

Message 13 of 24
vajamala
Aspirant

I feel like I'm being punked here. Is this real life?

There is an issue in the Orbi app. I can't use it. It's the exact same issue another poster had and someone helped her. I searched the community to find my issue and I found it. I then posted that I had the same issue and requested the same help.

You don't use the Orbi app, yet you come on flaming at me tell me it's all the same. I literally pasted how to add an Orbi satellite, which includes using the ORBI app to do it. I can't get in the app, which is the problem. It doesn't matter which router I have because I can't manage any of them. You're telling me about a different app that you use that doesn't need email - I promise you that if you got locked out and needed to use the app and it kept sending a new password to an email address you don't have access to any longer that you'd have an issue and wouldn't be able to use the app.

I have an RBR50, which has nothing to do with my issue. There is an app issue on an app that you've never used. You have literally hijacked my thread.

@Bianca - can you please help me?

Message 14 of 24

@vajamala wrote:

You don't use the Orbi app, yet you come on flaming at me tell me it's all the same.

Please read my previous message again.

I use the Orbi app often. It is there to manage my Orbi devices.

If you were to try both Netgear and Orbi apps you would soon realise that under the hood they are essentially the same thing. Same look and feel, and mostly the same features.

Neither app requires me to supply email addresses unless I want to use something like Anywhere Access. That is done through MyNetgear

NETGEAR - Common Account Management

It may be that your on MyNetgear notification is going AWOL.

If so by all means get in touch with the Netgear team. But be clear about what is happening.

Someone else  started this conversation and It is far from clear what is going on on from their first message.

That is why it makes sense to start your own discussion. That is also more likely to catch the eye of the Netgear team.

This is why I have been encouraging you to follow Netgear's advice on how to use this community.

You seem to be more interested in arguing about the term "hjack" than it getting things fixed. That's you prerogative. Have fun.

Message 15 of 24
vajamala
Aspirant

I can’t log on to the app.

Because I can’t log on to the app I can’t use the app to manage my devices.

The person that started this thread has the exact same issue and someone helped them.

You are more interested with arguing than actually understanding my issue: I need to log in to the Orbi app and I can’t do it.

Unless you can help with this please stop responding. You’ve been zero help.
Message 16 of 24
eholbrooks
Aspirant

I need to get my 2FA reset since I no longer have access to the email address previously configured.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 17 of 24
nderby3141
Tutor

All I can say at this time is good luck with that.  I have been at this for months, trying to get my verification email changed.  I have gone the route of messaging a moderator of this forum who did get me set up with support.  However, support has been unable to get the email changed for me.  In the most recent contact I have had with support they stated that they had disabled the 2FA for my account and I should use the Orbi app to set up the 2FA again.  Sadly, all the app wants to do is log me in by sending a code to the INCORRECT VERIFICATION EMAIL.  This has been the most frustrating tech experience I have ever had.  One would think that it would be a very simple thing to plug a new verification email into the system, but I guess I am missing something.  Apparently Netgear is too, since they have not been able to do it.  Hope you have better luck than I am having.

Message 18 of 24
earleholbrooks
Initiate

I was able to do the following to reset my 2FA.  I logged into my account through the web and changed my email address to another address that I don't use and saved it.  I then launched my Orbi app and used create new account, put in the email address I wanted to use which walked me back through setup, allowing me to use SMS and send verification to my cell number instead of the old unaccessible email address. I probably have a redundant account now, but it did get me around this issue. 

Message 19 of 24
nderby3141
Tutor

That was my next plan of attack, but I was holding off to see if Netgear could actually fix it for me so I didn't end up with 2 accounts.  Maybe one could now go in and set several verification methods and somehow get back to using the email you actually wanted to use.  Congrats on getting yours working.

Message 20 of 24
Kmorris283
Aspirant

Can you contact me and help me change my verification email from my old address to my new address? Been try for a long time to get this taken care of.

Thank you!
Katherin
Message 21 of 24

@Kmorris283 wrote:
Can you contact me and help me change my verification email from my old address to my new address? Been try for a long time to get this taken care of.

Thank you!
Katherin

You should know that this community is essentially a user-to-user venue with some input from a small band of Netgear techies.

Most of the answers come from fellow users who have no connection with Netgear. They just have a lot of collective experience and are familiar with the sort of problems that turn up here.

If you want "official" support then you should go through the right channels.

Contact Us | Support | NETGEAR

You have joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is also a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you do want help with your problem, check previous stuff that may be related then start your own discussion.

Message 22 of 24
LullabyBenK
Aspirant

I have a new phone and do not have access to the old email assigned for verification? Basically, the same exact issues as others.

Please help!

Message 23 of 24

@LullabyBenK wrote:

I have a new phone and do not have access to the old email assigned for verification? Basically, the same exact issues as others.

Please help!

See above:

NETGEAR Product Registration FAQ | Answer | NETGEAR Support

You have joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is also a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you do want help with your problem, check previous stuff that may be related then start your own discussion.

Message 24 of 24
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 23 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7