Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need help with understanding an odd Orbi notification on my phone

batmatt
Initiate

Re: My Orbi just sent me 3 weird push alerts

I also turned off my guest wifi after getting these messages, but it did not make them stop.  I suspect something in the mobile app.

Message 51 of 182
Plexter
Aspirant

Re: Notification Message Quest Wifi Test Deep Link

I have also got a bunch. Is there any info on this?

Message 52 of 182
sranderson
Initiate

“Test Deep Link” push message on Orbi

I have an Orbi RBR850 with 3 satellites. I keep getting push notifications every minute or two to my phone that say:

Guest WiFi PN
Guest WiFi test deep link

I have no idea what this means. I currently have a laptop connected via VPN to my work using the guest network. When I click on the notification, it takes me to the guest WiFi setup page in the Orbi app. No explanation.

Any thoughts?
Message 53 of 182
DAC1970
Initiate

Re: Keep getting notifications reading "Guest WiFi Test Deep Link"

I am getting these today as well -- four message within half an hour

Message 54 of 182
BGR1269
Tutor

Re: RBR50 - app notification says Guess Wifi PN Test Deep Link

I am also having this issue. I've gotten six notifications in the last 20 minutes. 

Message 55 of 182
CHardtke
Initiate

Same here on Orbi RBR850. Alert shows up on my iPhoe and in Notifications in the Orbi App

Message 56 of 182
reg_nullify
Initiate

I started to get the same uninformative notifications. I too disabled the guest network thinking perhaps something nefarious was afoot. I too kept getting the notifications even after disabling the guest network. Glad to see I'm not the only one which makes me conclude this is due to an update bug or testing as others have mentioned and not some attempt from an interloper to request the guest password or something, which is what these notifications kinda look like they're trying to say.

Message 57 of 182
TY2
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue same RBR50. Thought I was compromised. 

Message 58 of 182
DanielR900
Initiate

Orbi RBR750 App notification - "Guest wifi test deep link"

I just received a notification on my phone "Guest wifi test deep link".  I can't find any information on what this means or the results of the test.  Does anyone have information on what this message/process means? 

Message 59 of 182
rjdchaim
Initiate

Interesting, though, my entire wifi network went down after getting these. Anyone else seen this? I turned everything off, may try later to turn back on.
Message 60 of 182
se7yourselffree
Initiate

Re: Notifications - "Guest Wifi PN: Guest Wifi Test deep link" (RBR50)

I am experiencing the same issue. I'm also getting timeouts when attempting to log into the mobile app to clear the errors.

Message 61 of 182
sr_netnerd
Initiate

Re: Notification Message Guest Wifi Test Deep Link

Same here.  Gotten this 5 times this morning.  Guest SSID is enabled but no one is connected to it.  We are in a rural location so no one is around to be trying to connect.

Message 62 of 182
kriknosretep
Tutor

I have the Orbi RBR40 and I just started getting the exact same notification a few minutes ago too.

So does anything think this is some kind of hacking attempt?

Message 63 of 182
Steppenwolfie
Initiate

Re: RBR50 & RBS50: Notifications on iPhone labeled “Guest WiFi PN” with text"Guest WiFi Tes

Getting it too. Maybe linked to the firmware update yesterday?
Message 64 of 182
forcedlogic
Initiate

Strange message from orbi

My orbi app just sent me a message that I am not sure I know what to do with it and makes me wonder if something happened:

The message got sent three times "Guest Wifi Test Deep Link" - Guest Wifi PN

I searched but I can find no instance of this being mentioned on the orbi site. I also do not have the guest turned on at my house so I am unsure what this is. 

Has anyone else seen this message? Is this normal? Why I am getting that link popping up?

Message 65 of 182
fallingrock1
Guide

Re: Need help with understanding an odd Orbi notification on my phone

Yeah, a bunch of people are seeing that too.
Message 66 of 182
webhog
Initiate

Me too...

Message 67 of 182
Fleshwound42
Initiate

Re: RBR50 & RBS50: Notifications on iPhone labeled “Guest WiFi PN” with text"Guest WiFi Tes

Same here.  Guest wifi has always been disabled.  Post on reddit about it as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/orbi/comments/14tcjy3/getting_a_notification_from_the_orbi_app_saying/

I would have to assume everyone is getting it.

Message 68 of 182
lsueec
Initiate

I also got a message that a suspicious connection on Brother printer blocked. 

Message 69 of 182
kriknosretep
Tutor

Here's a screen shot of the notification center in my Orbi app...Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 12.13.59 PM.png

Message 70 of 182
badrobot
Initiate

I'm receiving the same notifications as well.  Double checked and the guest network is off, and the logs show anything odd .. but clearly something is wrong.

Message 71 of 182
kriknosretep
Tutor

I'm using the Netgear Orbi RBR40. Here's a screen shot of the notifications I've been seeing:Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 12.13.59 PM.png

Message 72 of 182
sr_netnerd
Initiate

Getting a popup from the app on my iPhone.  They are all listed in the Alerts section of the app.

IMG_4114.PNG

Message 73 of 182
CarMD
Tutor

I updated the firmware and haven't received anything in 20 minutes.  So appears to have addressed whatever was going on.

Message 74 of 182
Minuet
Initiate

Re: My Orbi just sent me 3 weird push alerts

I received the messages as well. My Guest WiFi is disabled. Does NetGear monitor community posts? Is there hope of receiving an explanation from NetGear on this?

Message 75 of 182
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7