Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Phantom Satellite On Phone App

Chuck_M
Mentor

Phantom Satellite On Phone App

My RBR850 with 1 x RBS850 and 2 x RBR-50s (hardwired) is working great.

However....

On the android Orbi app I clicked on Network Diagram and got the expected "tree" of the router and three satellites.

Across the top of that screen I noticed a message that said "Click here to view more satellites" in a white background banner.

I dont recall seeing that message in the past so clicked it and it showed a horizontal list which started with the router, then the three operational satellites and then a fourth satellite that was listed as "Unknown".  Each entry was "clickable" to show the details behind each device.

I clicked on that fourth satellite and it showed a mac address of all zeros, no assigned IP address, and a subnet of 255.255.255.255.

I went back to the attached device list and there was no corresponding entry for this phantom satellite.  There did not seem to be a method of deleting this rogue entry in the satellite listing.

Does anyone else see this phenominon on their Orbi app?

There is no indication on the web gui on my PC of this phantom satellite.

I suspect the recommendation will be to perform (another) factory reset, but before I did that I wanted to bounce this observation off of you all.

Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
KMDonlon
Luminary

Had the same problem, only fix was a full reset and to not use a back up config file... Had to put all my settings back from scratch. Royal pain in the a$$.

Only recommendation from Netgear was uninstall and reinstall the app which did nothing to help.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
KMDonlon
Luminary

Had the same problem, only fix was a full reset and to not use a back up config file... Had to put all my settings back from scratch. Royal pain in the a$$.

Only recommendation from Netgear was uninstall and reinstall the app which did nothing to help.
Message 2 of 3
Chuck_M
Mentor

@KMDonlon wrote:

You were spot on.

I did a full factory reset and reconfigured by hand.

Phantom satellite is gone and everything is working fine.

Thanks much for advice.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7