I am here! Catching up and collating all the feedback. 🙂

Best,

Christine

Message 176 of 654
Vyruss
Aspirant

Re: RBR850 We can't find your Orbi

Hi @ChristineT ,

I just sent you a PM to see if I could have the fix pushed to my Orbi system thank you!

Message 177 of 654
Sagnew
Apprentice

+1 for me 😃 

Message 178 of 654
tiburon7227
Initiate

Just sent you my serial number Christine! Thanks!
Message 179 of 654
Jaydub456
Aspirant

RBR750 here and would love to have access to my router again.
Message 180 of 654
DrJones99
Tutor

Hi @ChristineT 

Sent you a PM on the same administration connection issue with RBR850 with my SN. 

Please advise when the next round of software pushes are sent out so I can restart my router.

Many thanks!

Message 181 of 654
JanGreg
Aspirant

Hi @ChristineT 

+1 for us. Sent you a DM as well. Our serial number is: 6Jxxxxxx

Thx

Message 182 of 654
elmerfuud
Aspirant

HI Christine,

Please push the update to my systems.  thanks!

Michael

Message 183 of 654
dango10
Aspirant

Christine,

Sent you my info.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Message 184 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello Orbi Community,

For those of you who were in the 2nd batch (Anyone before my previous post), the fix has been deployed. Please reboot your routers and let me know if you experience any issues.

Anyone after my last update I have submitted your serial numbers and am awaiting confirmation that the fix has been deployed. 

I am still waiting for advice on the next steps from the team regarding the reported issues reported after the fix was deployed. I am hoping to get more information later tonight.

Stay Tuned...

Cheers,

Christine

Message 185 of 654
wfletchb99
Star

@FURRYe38 and @ChristineT , I believe the question that @_Mike asked is the one that I too have.  Namely, if NG is successful in engineering a fix that will NOT require a factory reset and assuming that the fix will be to the RBR's directly, how do you think it will be applied?  If it's not a push update to the router (i.e. the equivalent of an auto-update), how would the fix be administered?  Using the Orbi app someway? 

I know the fix does not yet exist and there may be no way to know the method that might be used, but just trying to understand how we'll regain functionality (other than a factory reset).  Further, how will we be notified what to do? 

Thanks.

Message 186 of 654
Sagnew
Apprentice

>>but just trying to understand how we'll regain functionality (other than a factory reset)

I had this same question. Level 2 support said they would call and walk users through the process. I'm too far gone and had the reset but I am super curious ..
Message 187 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @wfletchb99 ,

Thank you for your inquiry. We have had a good number of people report that the fix being deployed (similar to a firmware push) is successful in recovering the ability to access the Router settings. Once we are confident that the fix resolves the issue and does not introduce any other issues we will deploy it to all the impacted users.

Does this answer your question?

Kind Regards,

Christine

Message 188 of 654
DrJones99
Tutor

Thanks Christine, that resolved my issue. One thing to note, it takes about 3-4 mins after the router has come back online for the mobile app to re-register and connect. Something to note for others that are testing. 

Many thanks!

Message 189 of 654
Eisnerdc
Tutor

The fix worked for me as well!
Message 190 of 654
DrJones99
Tutor

I also had to reboot one more time with the satellite nodes, to get my device names to come back and mesh satellites (backhaul) to synch up. All good now.

Message 191 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello all,

I have been notified that this round of serial numbers has had the fix deployed and request that the folks that recently provided their serial numbers reboot their systems at this time. Please note, that we have seen it can take 5 minutes after a reboot for the system to be fully operational. In addition, if device names are showing as NA in the Connected Devices list a second reboot resolves this issue.

Please also verify if your Armor and Smart Parental Controls services are active and working as expected.

All feedback is welcomed and encouraged.

Best,

Christine

Message 192 of 654
tiburon7227
Initiate

Can I assume that rebooting is simply unplugging, waiting 20 second and plugging back in?
Message 193 of 654
howansky
Initiate

Is this getting pushed to everyone or are we still submitting SNs?

Message 194 of 654
DrJones99
Tutor

Yes @tiburon7227 , I would do that on your mesh satellites as well if you have any. I had do this two full cycles for everything to refresh and synch back up.

Message 195 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @howansky ,

This fix will be pushed in the very near future however we are still taking serial numbers for those who want the fix as soon as possible. Please send me a private message with your model and serial number and I'll let you know when the fix has been pushed.

Best,

Christine

Message 196 of 654
aspier
Star

Seems to be working. Thank you
Message 197 of 654
MastaQ1
Aspirant

So glad I’m not alone with this issue. Also glad I didn’t factory reset and can wait for fix to be pushed out. How will we know when the fix is out?
Message 198 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @MastaQ1 ,

Once we have deployed the fix to the general audience I'll post another note here and mark it as the solution. You can also check status.netgear.com/orbi for updates.

Kind Regards,

Christine

Message 199 of 654
Sagnew
Apprentice

>>All feedback is welcomed and encouraged.

Hi Christine !
Thanks so much for helping us, it is SUPER appreciated.

I had to do a super / 30-30-30 reset early this afternoon. Didn't get too far with support but after a few tries on my own I finally got up back and running. Had to build my network and connect devices again but it was working.

I sent my SN and I believe mine was in the second round of pushes / updates. Since then my orbi restarts about every minute or so. Devices loose their connection. Get an unhappy face at orbilogin
Net and an "error. Not connected" message in red under the internet status

Firmware appears to be 4.6.8.2_2.1.9

Appreciate any ideas or insight you may have !
Message 200 of 654
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7