Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: orbi remote access

vicko
Aspirant

orbi remote access

Hello, trying to enable remote access.

I open the app for orbi on my phone and go in to enable remote access. I click the slide and it says enabled, and then I watch as the slide goes back to off. Any ideas?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you enabled Remote Access with in the routers web page using a web browser on a PC? 

Message 2 of 18
vicko
Aspirant

Yes I can and that works fine. It's just the app that is not working.
Message 3 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Try to disable it this time with the PC then try to enable it with the mobile app. 

Are you on the same network at home when doing this or at a remote location?

What mobile device are you using? 

Happening with any other devices? 

Message 4 of 18
ekhalil
Master

@vicko wrote:

....... I click the slide and it says enabled, and then I watch as the slide goes back to off. Any ideas?

By any chance, is your Orbi set in AP mode? Remote management is not supported in AP Mode.

Message 5 of 18
Chuck_M
Mentor

If you are on an android device, I recommend you:

• Go to settings -> App data
  • clear the app cache and app data for the Orbi App
  • then Uninstall the app
  • Reboot the android
  • Reinstall the Orbi App
  • See if the app works on your wireless network (internally)
  • Turn off wireless on your phone
  • See if the app works remotely (through your phone data plan)  

If you are on android, there should be a similar thing you can do.

Message 6 of 18
vicko
Aspirant

Try to disable it this time with the PC then try to enable it with the mobile app. 

Same issue

at home, same network, the orbi.

Google pixel 3. Used to work fine

no

Message 7 of 18
vicko
Aspirant

Nope, in router mode

Message 8 of 18
grubbster
Aspirant

This happened with my Pixel 3 also.  It happened about the same time as the January security update.  Was working before and quit after the update.  That's probably what borked it.

Message 9 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

I would check intn this Google Pixel 3 device. Sounds like it could be something related only to this device. I would contact Google for additional help and information. 

@vicko wrote:

Same issue

at home, same network, the orbi.

Google pixel 3. Used to work fine

no

Message 10 of 18
ekhalil
Master

@grubbster wrote:

This happened with my Pixel 3 also.  It happened about the same time as the January security update.  Was working before and quit after the update.  That's probably what borked it.

Have you tested with another device?

Message 11 of 18
grubbster
Aspirant

No, I don't have another device.  I do know if was working before the update and not after.  The Pixel is Google's flagship phone so it gets updates before any others.  My guess is something in the update broke the app.  More people will probably experience this as it comes out on other devices.

Message 12 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

I would contact Google and let them know what your experiencing and also let them know it had been working before your device was updated. 

@grubbster wrote:

No, I don't have another device.  I do know if was working before the update and not after.  The Pixel is Google's flagship phone so it gets updates before any others.  My guess is something in the update broke the app.  More people will probably experience this as it comes out on other devices.

Message 13 of 18
ekhalil
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

I would contact Google and let them know what your experiencing and also let them know it had been working before your device was updated. 

Device vendors usually do not accept any individual app issues, they will ask you to contact the app vendor.

Message 14 of 18
ekhalil
Master

@grubbster wrote:

The "Remote Management" activation in the app goes through the Netgear cloud so you need to be connected and authenticated towards NG cloud to do any changes.

Do you see your router in the app's home menu as connected (with a green status)? Please see below:

IMG_1635.pngIMG_1636.png

Message 15 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, or contact the App Mfr. If the OS broke the app, then both app Mfr and Google need to correct it. 

@ekhalil wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Device vendors usually do not accept any individual app issues, they will ask you to contact the app vendor.

Message 16 of 18
Sabbsol
Tutor

I have the same problem, enabled on Web interface, won't enable on Orbi app.

How do I access it remotely using the Web interface?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 17 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the Orbi app forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

@Sabbsol wrote:

I have the same problem, enabled on Web interface, won't enable on Orbi app.

How do I access it remotely using the Web interface?

Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7