Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

"something went wrong" error when trying to login on my iphone

ijseo87
Tutor

"something went wrong" error when trying to login on my iphone

Orbi account never has been a problem for 3 years but all of sudden, it won't let me log in to the account. Wifi is still working and every time I attempt to log in, it states "something went wrong" and it won't let me in. It gave me an error code of 9911 i think... 

Am I the only one having this issue? and what does something went wrong MEAN!?

Message 1 of 23

Accepted Solutions
tdob1911
Tutor

Re: "something went wrong" error when trying to login on my iphone

Yes, I did that and it fixed the issue. It may have been caused partially due to the privacy settings of iPhone where it “spoofs” your MAC address. So I just made sure I had that turned on when I downloaded the app again so I would not have to toggle it off and on since in my device manager I was seeing “multiple” iPhone devices registered for the same device. Thanks to all for the replies and assistance!

View solution in original post

Message 21 of 23

All Replies

@ijseo87 wrote:

Orbi account never has been a problem for 3 years but all of sudden, it won't let me log in to the account.

Which Orbi account is this? What are you logging into and with what?

What firmware version do you have on the Orbi device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The make and model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 23
JrTwin
Aspirant

Did you get this resolved? I’m having the same issue with my iPhone. I have the Orbi as well.
Message 3 of 23

@JrTwin wrote:
Did you get this resolved? I’m having the same issue with my iPhone. I have the Orbi as well.

And your answers to the questions?

If you are going to hijack someone else's conversation – which is against the rules – the least you could do is respond to the messages you see.

Message 4 of 23
JrTwin
Aspirant

I am trying to reply to the original request. I hit the Reply button. I am having the same issue as well. I am getting an error message logging into the app via iPhone “ something went wrong, try again”. I’ve rebooted the router. Checked for updates. I have internet access as it will allow for one time password.
Orbi App was last updated 6-27-23 to version 2.27.1.79.
Orbi router RBR40. Firmware version v2.7.4.24.
Message 5 of 23
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @JrTwin ,

The Orbi app behavior mentioned above can occur when the device is not connected to the Orbi network. Please ensure that you are on the Orbi network then sign into your Orbi app. In the future please create a post with detailed information for the ideas/suggestions or difficulties that you are experiencing. 

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 6 of 23
ijseo87
Tutor

Its still not working…
Message 7 of 23
ijseo87
Tutor

I am logging into Netgear account which is set up within the orbi app through my iphone. 

I can't even find my firmware version as I can't even log into my orbi app. 

Message 8 of 23
ijseo87
Tutor

No. It still doesn't work...

Message 9 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 10 of 23
cbandes
Initiate

I have this problem too. I am trying to connect from an iPhone. Never had a problem before. I do not have wither of the privacy features mentioned in the article enabled. Nothing fancy going on at all. It is very aggravating that my wifi system is crippled by this bug. I don't understand why I need to connect to my netgear account at all anyway to administer my own router in my own home. Seriously thinking about getting rid of this thing in favor of something better.

My firmware is V4.6.14.3_2.3.12

Message 11 of 23
Abek
Aspirant

I’m experiencing the exact same problem from my iPad Pro. Error 9911 when trying to log into my Orbi app.

Message 12 of 23
Jimwilson65
Aspirant

I am also having the same issue. Cannot log into the app, and keep getting messages that I started to set up. Have been using it for over a year and never had issues before
Message 13 of 23
jaycmiller
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue. I can't log into my Netgear account from my iPhone 14 (iOS 16.5.1) using the Netgear app. 

I tried the steps listed in the support article:

Try turning OFF WiFi Private IP address and Limit IP tracking features are found on the same screen page:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211227

iCloud Relay can be turned off as a troubleshooting step as well though may not be needed in most cases:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212614

I am able to log in to my account on the website, just not the app, When I try to log in on the phone app, I get a red alert box telling me 'Something went wrong. Try again' 

I went the extra step of rebooting my phone as well. So not sure how to proceed.

Router info:

Hardware version: RBR50

Firmware Version V2.7.4.24

Region: North America

Message 14 of 23
GreenAndGold
Aspirant

Everything seems to be working fine, but I got a notification that my Orbi needed attention. ZERO changes on my end, and I’m guessing it had to do with an app update. I tried to login, and I’m seeing the same issue as everyone else. Netgear, this is on your end!
Message 15 of 23
tdob1911
Tutor

I am having the same issue with the Orbi app and Iphone. Have tried the troubleshooting steps in related article. My iphone: 14 Pro, Ios version 16.5.1. App version 2.27.1.79.  Firmware version is: V4.6.14.3_2.3.12I have been using this setup for over 2 years without any issues until now, getting the same "...something went wrong" message when trying to log into my netgear account on the app in order to get to security settings on the router. I can log into my netgear account via pc and web just fine with same credentials

Message 16 of 23
CobraJetCougar
Initiate

I had the same problem.  Delete the app from you phone and reinstall.  Then you can login.

Message 17 of 23
tdob1911
Tutor

Did that require you to “re-install” your network? During network setup downloading the app is required prior to setup. That seems it would be an extreme fix, especially if all of your home automation and security is attached like mine. Thanks!
Message 18 of 23
CobraJetCougar
Initiate

Nope. All I had to do was delete the app and re download it. I was able to log in and my network was fine.
Message 19 of 23
Nick53782
Initiate

Exact same issue. Deleting and reinstalling app fixed it.
Message 20 of 23
tdob1911
Tutor

Yes, I did that and it fixed the issue. It may have been caused partially due to the privacy settings of iPhone where it “spoofs” your MAC address. So I just made sure I had that turned on when I downloaded the app again so I would not have to toggle it off and on since in my device manager I was seeing “multiple” iPhone devices registered for the same device. Thanks to all for the replies and assistance!
Message 21 of 23
jaycmiller
Aspirant

FYI...deleting and re-installing the app seems to have fixed my issue.

Message 22 of 23
51Alan
Guide

Deleting the Orbi app and reinstalling it worked for me as well.

Message 23 of 23
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 14 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7