Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ERR_SSL_KEY_USAGE_INCOMPATIBLE

100won
Star

Google wrote: "

• Require X.509 key usage extension for RSA certificates chaining to local roots  

X.509 certificates used for HTTPS should contain a key usage extension that declares how the key in a certificate may be used. Such instructions ensure certificates are not used in an unintended context, which protects against a class of cross-protocol attacks on HTTPS and other protocols. For this to work, HTTPS clients must check that server certificates match the connection's TLS parameters, specifically that the key usage flag for “digitalSignature” and possibly “keyEncipherment” (depending on TLS ciphers in use) are asserted when using RSA.

Chrome 117 will begin enforcing that the key usage extension is set properly on RSA certificates chaining to local roots. Key usage is already required for ECDSA certificates, and for publicly trusted certificates. Enterprises can test and temporarily disable key usage enforcement using the RSAKeyUsageForLocalAnchorsEnabled policy (available in Chrome 116). "

We can not access orbilogin.com local site anymore. While waiting for Netgear developers fix this problem, we will do step by step:

1. Copy these below and save as: "name.reg"

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge]
"RSAKeyUsageForLocalAnchorsEnabled"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome]
"RSAKeyUsageForLocalAnchorsEnabled"=dword:00000000

2. Run "name.reg" file and restart windows.

Cheers,

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: ERR_SSL_KEY_USAGE_INCOMPATIBLE

SXR80/SXS80: here 

SRR30/SXS30: here

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
Mewohkie
Tutor

So navigating to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies in regedit on my Windows11 23h2 machine and there is no \Google folder/path no chrome folder/path and under Microsoft, no Edge folder/path.

Manually adding them and then adding the registry values to them does not fix this either.

Message 2 of 8
100won
Star

Hi,
I tested in my laptop before posting here.
I usually use edge and chrome browser.
Message 3 of 8
ReneD
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @100won,

And welcome to the NETGEAR Community! 🙂

This is already an ongoing issue and there is a patch firmware that fixes this. The official firmware is on its way but we do not have ETA on it. Please download the beta firmware on the link provided below and load it to your router and satellite. You can use a firefox browser to login to your GUI and load the firmware provided. After loading the firmware, a full factory default is necessary on the router, then you test if you can use Chrome or Edge after.

SXR80

https://ntgr.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/300000000xsV/a/8b0000016X7a/hXgDguHy6KPFdIw0Pk7j20pSnT8m1DbDmxB...

SXS80

https://ntgr.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/300000000xsV/a/8b0000016X7f/.SnEz0b73uDzUNo65ym0zhG6TcQvCFQ8AW5...

Take note to update the satellite firmware first before the router. You may want to check the link below related to your issue.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/Chrome-Certificate/m-p/2367330#M68...

Have a lovely day,

Rene D 
Netgear Team

Message 4 of 8
MELGEAR
Aspirant

Trying to enter the menu of the Orbi-Pro-router using Edge or Chrome can lead to the message:

It looks like the webpage at https://.... ight be having issues, or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

If it is only about being able to enter the Orbi-menu of the Orbi-router, please use an alternative browser as a quick fix, for example: Firefox.  That worked for me very well to ignore the error message and to enter the Orbi menu/interface.
Message 5 of 8
Rillekille
Tutor

Hi @ReneD !

If there is a patch firmware for this issue I'm also in need for it.
Can you please refer me too?

Best regards

/Rickard Hökros

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 6 of 8
schumaku
Guru

SXR80/SXS80: here 

SRR30/SXS30: here

Message 7 of 8
MartijnS