Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI SRR60 Reset Isues

PHCSupport
Aspirant

ORBI SRR60 Reset Isues

(Posting this in ORBI Pro as asked)

We are attempting to provide tech support for a network that was using an ORBI SRR60 as their wireless router.

They came to us after an outtage caused their wireless to drop out, they could still see the network but got no internet from it.

Here's where things get interesting. They had their fiber modem going into the ORBI, then into a switch which fed the rest of the devices on the network. No big deal but a little odd. THing was, every other computer had internet just fine. But none of the devices on their 3 networks could connect to the internet. I know everything went through this router because powering it off killed the network for every other device.

My first attempt was to try to login to the router to see if there was a weird setting that got tripped cutting the connection to the internet for wireless devices. However none of the networks let me access the router (192.168.1.1, or 0.1, or 88.1) Nor could I access orbilogin.com, simply errored me out as it couldn't load.

Trying to access orbilogin from a PC plugged into it passed me through to their webpage saying I wasn't connected to an ORBI network. Which was frustrating because I was obviously going through the ORBI to the internet.

After this I decided to reset the router and start from scratch. I also plugged the modem directly into the switch so I wouldn't interfee with those trying to work while I messed with the router.

After resetting I was expecting to see an ORBI93 network show up that I could connect to and move on, however that was not the network that appeared. Instead what appeared was Netgear75. I moved past this and tried the default password on the bottom. No dice. Tried a few more resets and no dice. Even tried the reset for 30, power off, power on and continue holding reset for 30.

After this I tried plugging a PC directly into the router. With no internet available and only going into the router I tried connecting to 192.168.1.1 as stated on the support page and no dice. I did try orbilogin.com again, while only plugged into the orbi, and I actually got a login prompt. I do the default admin and password and get in. Problem here is after logging in I get a big blue OKAY button. I press this and get to the information in the router. I get the standard popup that shows I'm not connected to the internet and there are no devices on the 2.4 or 5ghz bands. All expected. Problem is the page is half rendered. The menu on the left hand side has no words in it but I can tell 3 options are there. One brings me to a blank page, the other brings me to what seems to be a connected devices page. There is no settings buttons or any way to edit the wireless network name or password..

At this point I tried connecting the ORBI into the network so it can get internet, and I kept the PC plugged into it. I wat about 10 minutes and refresh the page. Lo and behold we get the "you are not connected to an orbi wifi network" page again.

This thing has been so frustrating to work on and we have made no headway. We have no way of accessing the ORBI page while its on the internet and when its off the internet it doesn't fully propogate. We have no way to sync it to an app, as the QR on the bottom just tried to connect us to the listed default network, which it very clearly is not broadcasting anymore.

Netgear tech support isn't being helpful because its well past their 90 day support warranty.

If anyone has any ideas let me know. If you need more info just ask.

Message 1 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ORBI SRR60 Reset Isues

@PHCSupport,

While the SRR60 is not disconnected from the existing network, kindly try again to perform a factory reset again on the SRR60.  Afterwards, check if it will boot up just fine.  Observe also the behavior LED lights.  Check if you will be able to login to its web-GUI. 

If ever you're able to access its web-GUI, what is the current firmware version of it? 

Let us know your observation. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
PHCSupport
Aspirant

I have reset the SRR60 multiple times, conencted to the network and disconnected to the network. The few times I can get into the web GUI it is only a partial GUI and does not list the Firmware version.

Message 3 of 6
PHCSupport
Aspirant

We also have no means to flash the firmware with a new version as netgear didn't think to give USB access to the device. And with only partial GUI.

And as I said it defaults to Netgear75 as opposed to ORBI93.

This is very much not acting like it is supposed to.

Message 4 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@PHCSupport,

Since you already did a factory reset multiple times and still the same problem, it seems that there is a hardware fault on the device.  I suggest you to open a support ticket with NETGEAR Support here at anytime.  Let them know the troubleshooting steps you did and the current status of your SRR60.  Be sure to upload a soft copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of your SRR60 for warranty verification.  If the hardware warranty is still valid, an online replacement will be processed. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 6
PHCSupport
Aspirant

Yeah.. I was posting here hoping for a solution because the warranty for the device expired last year....

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements