Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SXR80 - Firmware File Incorrect

Tim2134
Aspirant

SXR80 - Firmware File Incorrect

I have a new SXR80 setup with two satellites.  Insight says an update is needed, but the update from the app fails.

The online update page on the router shows them all as running V3.2.1.102.  The status for the router shows a link for v3.0.0.122, which appears to be the latest version, and the status for the satellites says "Update failed".

I'm trying to update the satellites first.  I've logged into the satellite directly, and tried to upload the .img file for the new firmware, but I get the error "This firmware file is incorrect! Please get the firmware file again and make sure it is the correct firmware for this product."

I've tried v3.0.0.122 which appears to be the latest, and v3.2.3.100, which seems to be the next version after the one that's installed.  Neither works.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Tim2134
Aspirant

Re: SXR80 - Firmware File Incorrect

This was user error.  I missed that there's a separate firmware file  for the satellites - the link is in the release notes of the firmware download. 🤦‍♂️

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
quagmire1
Luminary

The latest version of firmware is 3.3.0.122.  You can download the firmware manually to a computer and manually upgrade the devices (satellites first, as you know) from the web interface, not from Insight.

The downloads are at:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/SXK80#download

Message 2 of 6
Tim2134
Aspirant

See above. That's what I'm trying to do.
Message 3 of 6
quagmire1
Luminary

In your post you twice referred to "v3.0.0.122" as the latest version.  I incorrectly assumed you were trying to install an obsolete version of firmware - I didn't realize that was a typo and that you meant to say "v3.3.0.122". 

Message 4 of 6
Tim2134
Aspirant

Ah right - yes, just a typo.

Message 5 of 6
Tim2134
Aspirant

This was user error.  I missed that there's a separate firmware file  for the satellites - the link is in the release notes of the firmware download. 🤦‍♂️

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements