Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

5/22 Update and one router will not reconnect

SarahJs
Aspirant

5/22 Update and one router will not reconnect

The good news is for the first time since I have had my RBK653 tri mesh system, I was actually able to update the router via the Orbi app.  I received a message to update, so I did.  All appeared to be going well, but found after it was complete I had to unplug the router and plug back in for some of the devices to hook on automatically.  The one issue remains one of the Orbi satellites, it will not reconnect with the router, despite me moving it closer to the router, in the same room.  It keep flashing white, then turns blue, then starts all over again.  I have pushed the sync button on both to try to reconnect, no luck. I read that a factory reset on that one satellite may help,but wanted to get some advice before I do that.  I see the current firmware for the router is V7.2.6.31 yet the satellites remain with firmware V4.6.14.3, can anyone verify that the firmwares are the most updated?  Thank you for any answers.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: 5/22 Update and one router will not reconnect

Not sure if or when that will happen. Best recommendation is to keep this same FW loaded for now. Avoid updating the RBR. If nothing updates for the 350 series RBS, you could find some new/used RBR750s and load them up to v7 FW then the RBR lastly. Otherwise, run it as is for now. 

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Please downgrade the RBR back to v4 version of FW:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WIFI-6-AX-AND-Wi-Fi-6E-AXE/New-RBK653-Firmware-Version-4-6-14-...

v7 FW from RBK 7 series systems is NOT compatible with RBS350 series. 

Message 2 of 7
SarahJs
Aspirant

I'm confused that Orbi sent me this update and should know my satellites could not receive them due to incompatibility. I am on the advanced page and getting ready to browse for the older version V4.6.3.16 to manually load on my router. Couple of ?s. Should I plug my router that will not connect back in first, or wait until the router is logged back in with compatible firmware and then reconnect. If I can't find an older uploaded version already, where do I find it on the Orbi page?
Message 3 of 7
SarahJs
Aspirant

I just uploaded the zip file from the Orbi page for v4.6.14.3. I tried to upload manually to my RBR750 router. Tried twice and both times it failed. I am under the advanced admin router, firmware update. It tells me to check my file as a solution
Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure you are unpacking the RBR70#######.CHK file from the .zip file and sending this file to the RBRs web page. 

What browser are you using? I recommend MS Edge or Firefox. 

Can follow this PDF to load the RBR. 

Skip over any RBS steps. 

Message 5 of 7
SarahJs
Aspirant

Thank you!! It worked on my phone this morning. Router and both satellites connected once the manual update finished and rebooted the router. On my Orbi app, everything is back to v4.6.3.16 but there is a red msg from Orbi to update. How will I know when they figure out the satellites and allow them to be compatible with the new suggested router update?
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Not sure if or when that will happen. Best recommendation is to keep this same FW loaded for now. Avoid updating the RBR. If nothing updates for the 350 series RBS, you could find some new/used RBR750s and load them up to v7 FW then the RBR lastly. Otherwise, run it as is for now. 

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series