Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Factory reset 960?

tylerwhite
Aspirant

Factory reset 960?

I have tried the factory reset directions of holding a paperclip in the Reset hole and I never get it to flash amber.  Is there another method for doing this?

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Factory reset 960?

Page 11 of the User Manual is pretty specific:

CrimpOn_0-1715734922022.png

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBKE963/RBRE960_RBSE960_UM_EN.pdf 

Perhaps the actual button on the printed circuit board is not lined up correctly with that tiny hole in the case?  Do you feel a faint 'click' when pressing in?

There is a method called "30-30-30", which involves:

• Hold the reset button down for 30 seconds.
  • While still holding the button down, turn off the power and wait 30 seconds.
  • While still holding the button down, turn the power back on and wait 30 seconds.

Netgear saved a shiny nickel by removing the power switch from AX models.  I would find it a challenge to do a "30-30-30" when the power cord has to be removed and pushed back in again.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Page 11 of the User Manual is pretty specific:

CrimpOn_0-1715734922022.png

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBKE963/RBRE960_RBSE960_UM_EN.pdf 

Perhaps the actual button on the printed circuit board is not lined up correctly with that tiny hole in the case?  Do you feel a faint 'click' when pressing in?

There is a method called "30-30-30", which involves:

• Hold the reset button down for 30 seconds.
  • While still holding the button down, turn off the power and wait 30 seconds.
  • While still holding the button down, turn the power back on and wait 30 seconds.

Netgear saved a shiny nickel by removing the power switch from AX models.  I would find it a challenge to do a "30-30-30" when the power cord has to be removed and pushed back in again.

Message 2 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

I found this method works best for factory resetting most Orbi systems:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WIFI-6-AX-AND-Wi-Fi-6E-AXE/Procedure-for-Factory-reset-of-RBS8...

@tylerwhite wrote:

I have tried the factory reset directions of holding a paperclip in the Reset hole and I never get it to flash amber.  Is there another method for doing this?

Message 3 of 11
tylerwhite
Aspirant

Yes...I followed the manual but since I never received a blinking light I thought it would be good to post here.  About to try the 30-30-30 method.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

How long are you pressing the reset button? 15 seconds is recommended then release. 

Does the ERASE button on the RBR UI work? 

Message 5 of 11
tylerwhite
Aspirant

At least 15 seconds.  More like 20-30.  I'll try the 30-30-30 method soon, then go through what you posted in the PDF.

Message 6 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Base reset button only needs 15 seconds. No less or longer. If this doesn't work or the ERASE button doesn't work to reset it or you can access the RBR UI, ya, 30-30-30 reset maybe needed.

Message 7 of 11
tylerwhite
Aspirant

After doing the 30-30-30 on the router and all of the satellites I saw the default ORBIxx SSID appear as an available network on my various wireless devices instead of the one I had previously been using, so I think it's safe to assume it worked...right?

Thank you all for your help... I truly appreciate it!

Message 8 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, now walk thru the same FR PDF to set up the system with RBS near or same room as RBR. Once all set up, place back in remote locations. 

Message 9 of 11
tylerwhite
Aspirant

No need.  I'm returning the Orbi.

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors