Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to check time on CBR750

Chuckbo
Aspirant

How to check time on CBR750

I have a new CBK752 — the cable/router and 1 satellite.

I have parent setting set up on a device to define bedtime from 10:30 PM - 7:15 AM. It's 11:15 PM, and when I look at the status of this device in the Orbi app, there's a green light next to indicating that it's still online. (Right?)

I'm using the Orbi app. I can't find a screen that shows me what time the router thinks it is.

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: How to check time on CBR750

@Chuckbo wrote:

I'm using the Orbi app. I can't find a screen that shows me what time the router thinks it is.

This appears to be (yet another) time to open a web browser to http://orbilogin.net using the router credentials (not the 'app' credentials). The router uses "admin" and a password. (not the 'app' password. not the WiFi password).

(many browsers will complain about the web site being "insecure" because of the self-signed SSL certficate.  Look for an option in tiny print to "go to this web site anyway")

The current time can be found on the Advanced Tab, Administration menu, NTP settings:

CrimpOn_0-1681882202602.png

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: How to check time on CBR750

p.s. Having never enabled Parental Controls (my parents refuse to let me control them), I am certainly no expert, however......

There could be a possibility that setting allowed/disallowed times in Parental Controls is effective only when a device is not already connected to the network.  This would require an experiment to prove/disprove.  i.e. define a 'control' on a specific device, then see if it gets disconnected at that time when it is already active on the network.

Also, I have a vague memory of someone on the forum recently raving about Parental controls being based on GMT (or something) rather than on the local time:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WIFI-6-AX-AND-Wi-Fi-6E-AXE/RBR850-Firmware-V4-6-9-11-schedule-... 

(As you will see, I was not much help  to him, either.  Sorry.)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series