Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I still can’t access to my router(RBR850)

ultradeepfiled
Aspirant

I still can’t access to my router(RBR850)

Hello.

I can’t access to my router either from Orbi app or web interface(192.168.1.1) at least 2-3 times a day, though internet works fine.

Every time it happens, I have to manually reboot the router to gain access to my router. But the problem recurs after a couple of hours.

I have tried to apply the fix posted at ‘https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/RBR850-We-can-t-find-your-Orbi/m-p/2224751#M5013’, but it didn’t work at all.

After rebooting several times, the ‘seAL value’ shown on the router’s debug page is still ‘-0’, not ‘-2’, which you can see in the picture(https://bit.ly/3fidlEK). 

Firmware version is 4.6.9.11_2.3.5.

It’s really driving me crazy.

Please, help me out.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I still can’t access to my router(RBR850)

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Yes I would factory reset and setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser. You might even do this with the RBR off line and turn OFF any RBS. Setup again using same SSID name and PW. Use MS Edge or Firefox for this. 

I recommend changing the default IP address pool range on the RBR to 192.168.1.100 to .150 or .200 depending upon how many devices you have all connected. I have around 35 here and use .150. 

When you apply the change the router should reboot. Reconnect the RBR to the ISP modem. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

How was the FW updated on the system? Manually using a PC and web browser or auto update from NG? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 2 of 6
ultradeepfiled
Aspirant

Thanks for your help.

I have tried several quality LAN cables, but ended in no luck.

Factory reset was done once about 6 months ago when I first noticed this issue.

I have manually updated to this version of firmware by connecting to web interface(192.168.1.1) from my ipad.

I didn’t performed factory reset at that time cuz I thought the new firmware would fix my problem.

Do you think it is worth trying another factory reset from PC wired directly to my router, despite all the tedious works of re-configuring the whole setting of my router? 

Thanks.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes I would factory reset and setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser. You might even do this with the RBR off line and turn OFF any RBS. Setup again using same SSID name and PW. Use MS Edge or Firefox for this. 

I recommend changing the default IP address pool range on the RBR to 192.168.1.100 to .150 or .200 depending upon how many devices you have all connected. I have around 35 here and use .150. 

When you apply the change the router should reboot. Reconnect the RBR to the ISP modem. 

Message 4 of 6
ultradeepfiled
Aspirant

I'm sorry for being late for updating my status.

I've been kind of busy for past couple of weeks.

It's been about a week since I performed factory reset and set up from scratch with wired laptop.

Until now, there is no problem found with accessing my router either via orbi app or web.

I think your suggestion did work.

One thing I don't like is the seal value on router debug page.

I read the post saying that I can check if the fix really worked or not by verifying seal value is '-2' on router debug page.

I don't know what the 'seaI value' exactly means, and how it works.

But I can see the seal value is still marked as '-0', not '-2'.

Anyway, my access problem seems to be gone for the time being.

Thanks for your suggestion. I really appreciate that.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7