Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI ROUTER RBRE960 RANGE SUDDENLY DIMINISHED

shareece
Aspirant

ORBI ROUTER RBRE960 RANGE SUDDENLY DIMINISHED

I have had the Orbi mesh system for 15 months.  All has been working fine until now.  All of a sudden, I have a dead zone nearby the router in my living room.  I have high internet speed while standing next to the router (900MBS), but when I walk just 12 steps toward my living room, where I also used to experience high speeds, I now have a totally dropped signal.  I reset the router and that did not help.  Support is no help after 12 months.  Satellites are operating just fine.  Nothing has changed physically in the space to cause this issue.  Has anyone experienced this type of issue?  I tried searching previous posts but I couldn't find anything that helped.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6A STP is recommended. 
How many RBS are deployed? 
What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?

What is the distance between the router 📡 and satellite(s)🛰️? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR 📡 and RBS 🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wired or wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite ‌‌🛰

What devices do you have connected and testing with? 

Does this happen with the RBS turned OFF? 
Does this happen with both wireless and wired devices? 
What channel configurations are currently set on the router?  
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Be sure to disable any MAC Address randomizers on phones and pads while at home:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Smart Parental Controls or Circle, Traffic Meter and IPv6.

Message 2 of 4
shareece
Aspirant

Thank you.  I will look into all of this. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@shareece wrote:

I have had the Orbi mesh system for 15 months.  All has been working fine until now.  All of a sudden, I have a dead zone nearby the router in my living room.  I have high internet speed while standing next to the router (900MBS), but when I walk just 12 steps toward my living room, where I also used to experience high speeds, I now have a totally dropped signal.  I reset the router and that did not help.  Support is no help after 12 months.  Satellites are operating just fine.  Nothing has changed physically in the space to cause this issue.  Has anyone experienced this type of issue?  I tried searching previous posts but I couldn't find anything that helped.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7