Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR750 Takes Forever to Load Admin Screen

doughughes2011
Aspirant

Orbi RBR750 Takes Forever to Load Admin Screen

I am having an issue where I cannot load the admin screen with my Orbi RBR750.  First it takes forever to load anything, if it does at all.  And if it does load, it is a mix of text hyperlinks and some icons like below.  But for the most part if it does load properly it takes a very long tome to do anything.  Any help here?

Firmware Version V4.6.3.16_2.0.51

Heres the problemHeres the problem

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you

Message 2 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

@doughughes2011 wrote:

I am having an issue where I cannot load the admin screen with my Orbi RBR750.  First it takes forever to load anything, if it does at all.  And if it does load, it is a mix of text hyperlinks and some icons like below.  But for the most part if it does load properly it takes a very long tome to do anything.  Any help here?

Firmware Version V4.6.3.16_2.0.51

Is this a combination cable modem/Orbi?  i.e. the CBR750

https://www.netgear.com/images/datasheet/orbi/CBR750.pdf 

Has the unit been configured already, or is this the initial setup?

Message 3 of 8
doughughes2011
Aspirant

This is not a combination modem/router and this has already been configured.  Been using it for 6 months or so.

Message 4 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

This is very strange.  I was not aware that the RBR750 main menu would include "Cable Connection" as a menu item.

My Orbi router takes about 5 seconds for the web Home Page to appear.

Message 5 of 8
doughughes2011
Aspirant

My old Orbi was like that but this one takes 20 to 30 seconds to get this far.

Message 6 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

You have probably tried Cure #1 (to any technology problem), turn it off and back on again.

Clear the browser cache, then connect to the orbi.

Cure #2 is a Factory Reset, which most of us imagine is like the world's longest enema.  Those lucky souls who (literally) did nothing to set up their Orbi besides changing the WiFi name and password can do this in under 15 minutes.  In my case, I have customized almost every possible setting: DNS servers, DHCP ranges, assigned IP's to devices, created custom devices names and types, setup DDNS, enabled OpenVPN, etc. etc.  I do a Factory Reset in two stages:

Stage 1: Save a copy of the configuration. Get out paperclip and do the Factory Reset.  Connect to the Orbi and begin configuration.  Do not change the WiFi SSID. When I get to the place where there is a choice of "continue setup or load a previously saved configuration", I load that saved config file.  After this, the Orbi reboots, which changes the SSID, and all my devices begin to connect as I wanted them to.

(Do my Lucky Dance)  Is the problem solved.  YAY

Stage 2.  If that did not resolve the problem, then do a Factory Reset and type in everything from scratch (after making screen shots of every setup page).  This takes over two hours. and the family is screaming the entire time.

Message 7 of 8
doughughes2011
Aspirant

Ok, I'll try to go thorugh this process

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements