Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBSE 960 Satellite Issue

215liverpool
Aspirant

Orbi RBSE 960 Satellite Issue

Hi there,

I have a Orbi RBRE960 router with 2 RBSE 960 satellites on Firmware V6.3.7.5_3.2.25

Hardware Version RBRE960

Firmware Version V6.3.7.5_3.2.25

GUI Language Version V3.0.2.18_2.1.30.3

Operation Mode Router

Starting from yesterday one of the satellites no longer appears to be recognised. The ORBI mobile app and the ORBI router (via 192.168.1.1) confirmed that it was no longer recognised.

I've tried the following steps to fix the issue:

1) Standard resync using the resync buttons on the back of the router and the satellites.
2) I've tried to forget the satellite and re-add it through connecting the router using http://192.168.1.1/
3) Hard reset using the paper clip on satellite.
3) I've also tried the satellite with an alternative power source.

When the satellite in question powers up it flashes the white light for about 6 mins then solid blue for around three minutes then light turns off. ( I thought that this sequence of light flashes displays the correct sequence of the satellite booting up.)
It's doesn't appear to be a power issue it seems more like a firmware issue.

It's really strange - up until yesterday the ORBI set up was working fine.

Any ideas on any next steps ?

Thank you

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
215liverpool
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBSE 960 Satellite Issue

I've appear to fixed it with the hard reset. I think maybe I didn't have the button pushed in with the paper clip long enough.

This can now be closed.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
215liverpool
Aspirant

I've appear to fixed it with the hard reset. I think maybe I didn't have the button pushed in with the paper clip long enough.

This can now be closed.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7