Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi disconnects iPhones only

Dewiz_45
Tutor

Orbi disconnects iPhones only

I had purchased the Orbi RBR750 a few years ago because Netgear was having a sale on them . I had an Orbi RBR50 before this that ran flawlessly, 0 issues which I ended up giving to my brother so when we started having these issues with the RBR759, it really baffled me because I never experienced these issues with the RBR50.

Now this doesn’t happen every day but like once every 1-3 months and when it does happen, my wife’s and I iPhones will be affected for 2-3 days & then it’ll go back to normal like nothing happened for another 1-3 months until it comes back. I can’t connect to my WiFi but when it does show the WiFi symbol at the top right of my iPhone for example I’m getting like 0.01 MPBS & nothing will load on Google Chrome, YouTube, twitter, Facebook, etc. Earlier today I was watching YouTube and it was running perfect & then bam it stopped playing ,started buffering and I got no WiFi signal. It’s 2 hours later and still won’t connect to WiFi

Now we have 2 AppleTV’s, Ring Pro doorbell, 3 tablets, two Roku sticks, Roku TV and none of these devices are affected by this. It’s just our damn iPhones lol. My wife has the iPhone 12 Pro Max & I have the iPhone 13 Pro Max & both phones are updated to the currently firmware.

Last time this happened, there was a firmware update on the Orbi which seemed to have fixed it that time. Now that’s it’s affecting me right at this instant, I’ve checked the Orbi for an update and my firmware is up to date which is version V.4.6.14.3. I’ve done every troubleshooting I could google for my iPhone such as turning WiFi off & back on, forgetting WiFi, reset Network settings, restarting my iPhone etc. with zero fix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I hate dealing with this issue every 1-3 months that will last a few days.
Message 1 of 12
plemans
Guru

Have you disabled the iphones random mac/ip address feature? Plus disable icloud relay? 

That's where I'd start with them. 

Message 2 of 12
Dewiz_45
Tutor

I disabled the private wifi address but the iCloud private relay was already turned off. Let’s see if this fixes it
Message 3 of 12
Dewiz_45
Tutor

Was working last night but not this morning having the same issues, hooked up to my WiFi with no internet . Back to square one
Message 4 of 12
plemans
Guru

What modem/gateway is the router connected to? 

What firmware version is on the router and the satellites? 

Are you using IPv6?

Any parental controls or access controls being used? 

Message 5 of 12
Dewiz_45
Tutor

1. Modem is a Netgear Nighthawk model# CM1200
2. Orbi router & satellite firmware version is V4.6.14.3. Just checked and that’s the current version
3. Don’t think I’m set up for IPv6. Did a IPv6 test and it’s only showing that the IPv4 is working. IPv6 is showing “timeout” according to test-ipv6.com
4. I didn’t set up a parental control or anything else on my router. Plugged it in, setup the satellites and created my WiFi name with password. That’s all I’ve done.
Message 6 of 12
plemans
Guru

Try enabling ipv6. See if that helps. 

Message 7 of 12
Dewiz_45
Tutor

Enabled ipv6 on February 28th and it seemed to have fixed the problem UNTIL today. Again it’s showing my WiFi signal on my iPhone but I’m not connected. Everything else is working fine AppleTV, tablets, Ring doorbell, etc.

Both my router & my phone are updated to the newest firmware. This crap is getting ridiculous
Message 8 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

How many RBS are deployed? 
What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?

Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 9 of 12
Dewiz_45
Tutor

I did everything you told me to do, rebooted the router & reconnected my satellites once the router was done rebooting.

As for my neighbors WiFi only 3 show up

My square footage for my house is just shy of 3,000 and I have 1 satellite downstairs with my router and 2 upstairs. I
Message 10 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Also try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 25% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

For that size of home, just the router and 1 RBS is enough. 

Too Much Wifi: https://youtu.be/UR0viMLISz4

@Dewiz_45 wrote:
I did everything you told me to do, rebooted the router & reconnected my satellites once the router was done rebooting.

As for my neighbors WiFi only 3 show up

My square footage for my house is just shy of 3,000 and I have 1 satellite downstairs with my router and 2 upstairs. I

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7