Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

OrbiRBR852 losing wifi frequently

jreid22
Aspirant

OrbiRBR852 losing wifi frequently

I'm at my wits end with the device. It frequently disconnects and reconnects wifi to multiple macbooks in the home. I have the RBR852 with a satelite. Speeds are great when it works. Wired devices have no problem but I have multiple macbooks in the home that connect and disconnect multiple times per day. Firmware is uptodate. for $670 I expect these bugs to be worked out or if I have a bad device then I'll need a replacement. What am I missing here?

Message 1 of 3
jreid22
Aspirant

Re: OrbiRBR852 losing wifi frequently

Model is actually RBK852

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: OrbiRBR852 losing wifi frequently

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Set CTS to 2347. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7